OT - Personal Trumpet - My Boy Got Accepted

GMU92

Starter
I have a friend who has a film degree from Mason and he's doing all right. Once she realizes she probably isn't going to be the next Nora Ephron/Penny Marshall/Kathryn Bigelow/Catherine Hardwicke (and who knows, she may be), there's actually a lot of opportunities out there for people who have skillsets in cinema arts.

Big difference between paying in-state at Mason and out-of-state at SUNY. The Commonwealth of Virginia has a lot of good fine arts programs.

He will pull so much a** at Mason...pull it right into his safe zone, he will!

Right up until his junior year, when his rapidly receding hairline will scare off freshmen and diminish his prospects.

Then he will join a third rate fraternity beginning with Pi and ending with Phi, and go on to many mediocre things. Perhaps even found a basketball-oriented website.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He will pull so much a** at Mason...pull it right into his safe zone, he will!

Right up until his junior year, when his rapidly receding hairline will scare off freshmen and diminish his prospects.

Then he will join a third rate fraternity beginning with Pi and ending with Phi, and go on to many mediocre things. Perhaps even found a basketball-oriented website.

That is beautiful. Fortunately on his mothers side no one is bald. He will be pulling in the Chi-Os, the Alphi Phis, AOPis and all their mothers.

No serious he was hit on by his ex girlfriends mom. The kid has game. Where the hell he got it I don't know.

Broads, Buicks, and Buckley

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well after getting accepted to Mason, James Madison, and Virginia Tech, (still waiting on UVA) - my son decided and confirmed to go to Mason - got all of his deposits in and scheduled his summer orientation.

He is psyched - I am psyched (even don't mind writing the first check). He already has a couple of buddies from the Volgenau schools and I am plugging him into the Pi Kapps on campus.

Go Mason bitches! There will be another young Stockel rampaging his way through the co-eds and sororities at GMU.

GMU92

Starter
Well after getting accepted to Mason, James Madison, and Virginia Tech, (still waiting on UVA) - my son decided and confirmed to go to Mason - got all of his deposits in and scheduled his summer orientation.

He is psyched - I am psyched (even don't mind writing the first check). He already has a couple of buddies from the Volgenau schools and I am plugging him into the Pi Kapps on campus.

Go Mason bitches! There will be another young Stockel rampaging his way through the co-eds and sororities at GMU.

Congrats and best of luck to you both!
Smart not to wait around on the UVA wait list thing. Youngsters in my family got the same response despite having killer resumes, and made the choice to go to JMU. (I think they could have gotten a much better scholarship deal at Mason, but oh well, their choice).

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well he got about the same deal between Tech, Madison and Mason - but the program he wants is at Mason. He also likes the coop opportunities with tech companies at Mason. He told me he couldn't see going to Blacksburg when he could get pretty much the same thing at Mason. Plus - they have been on his jock all Spring - he gets two emails a week from his "registration buddies" has been to two information sessions - got automatically enrolled into summer orientation and has had all the scholarship information set up on his VIP Web Page. Tech was somewhat like that but not as intense. JMU just sent him his acceptance letter last weekend.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Probably best that way. I went to one YD meeting in my time there and felt like I was watching a circus side show. Never went back.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Probably best that way. I went to one YD meeting in my time there and felt like I was watching a circus side show. Never went back.

What I am proud of is he compared the computer science programs for the specific program he wants for each school and chose Mason. According to him - "It is the only logical choice"

The other thing is there are "freshman buddies" that he has been assigned that he has been in contact with helping him with getting plugged into the program and working through housing application, inviting him to summertime events with the School of Engineering and organizations on campus . It has been like the velvet glove service and a happy ending all at once.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That is cool! They certainly lacked that back in the day. Give these incoming students a head start not only scholastically but socially!

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
If I remember correctly, Mason used to rank highly in the Playboy poll of schools with insane amounts of hot chicks. Not sure that the publication does such a rating any longer.

I believe it is for sale and you can buy it for $8.95. That's not for a single issue, but the entire publication.