OT - Personal Trumpet - My Boy Got Accepted

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just had to say my boy is two for two on college acceptances - three more to hear from - but he got accepted to Mason's School of Engineering!

He is stoked. And wants to go there next fall. He also got accepted to Tech.

Feeling like I didn't screw him up too much!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just had to say my boy is two for two on college acceptances - three more to hear from - but he got accepted to Mason's School of Engineering!

He is stoked. And wants to go there next fall. He also got accepted to Tech.

Feeling like I didn't screw him up too much!

Nice going. What kind of engineering is he interested in? I have an uncle who owns an engineering firm, designs water management systems for cities.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Nice going. What kind of engineering is he interested in? I have an uncle who owns an engineering firm, designs water management systems for cities.

Well I should have clarified - Computer Science - in the School of Engineering. He is quite excited. He met a couple of professors at SITE and learned about their programs during the summer and did the stay over.

He was stressed for a month. Now we see how scholarships go.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Take your wife on long vacation. Having to deal with you while you were suffering 4 years of hell under Hewitt, calls for not only a vacation but perhaps a medal of honor.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Congrats! Hopefully Pikapp Jr. goes to the school where he is a good fit.

I went through this last year. Mason's scholarship offer wasn't enough. My son was also accepted to W&L and Tech but just like Mason, not enough scholarship money. A private SoCon school offered him a full academic ride. He is there now and doing well. It was a good fit for him.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Congrats! Hopefully Pikapp Jr. goes to the school where he is a good fit.

I went through this last year. Mason's scholarship offer wasn't enough. My son was also accepted to W&L and Tech but just like Mason, not enough scholarship money. A private SoCon school offered him a full academic ride. He is there now and doing well. It was a good fit for him.

He is focusing on the degree programs . Mason and Tech offers the specific computer science program he is looking for. JMU and UVA don't have the exact program match.

His current preference is Mason because of the program specifics . The School of Engineering has an all day open house where he was able to have very in depth conversations and saw all the labs - apparently he was very excited about the labs . Tech will be his second choice because their program is a slightly less close match. But he liked the professors there as well.

Broads, Buicks, and Buckley

GMU92

Starter
Thanks. But it's him not me. He knows what he wants to do and has a plan. That's more than I had together at his age.

Broads, Buicks, and Buckley

Good for him, and he is pursuing a marketable degree program. I'll never forget the co-worker who told us she was paying out-of-state rates for her daughter to study Cinema Arts at SUNY Bingamton. :bricks:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good for him, and he is pursuing a marketable degree program. I'll never forget the co-worker who told us she was paying out-of-state rates for her daughter to study Cinema Arts at SUNY Bingamton. :bricks:

I have a friend who has a film degree from Mason and he's doing all right. Once she realizes she probably isn't going to be the next Nora Ephron/Penny Marshall/Kathryn Bigelow/Catherine Hardwicke (and who knows, she may be), there's actually a lot of opportunities out there for people who have skillsets in cinema arts.