Can you share why he has stopped posting here and following the basketball team?Yeah, Brian was the most ardent fan in our history and made huge financial contributions to the program year after year. He traveled to every road game in addition to home. I wish he would come back to the boards and the games.. But, I understand and respect his position as well. Mason's loss.
Sorry, it's not my place to share that.Can you share why he has stopped posting here and following the basketball team?
I understandSorry, it's not my place to share that.
I can.Sorry, it's not my place to share that.
It’s a long story. Someone in the field house (correct me if I’m wrong) said he wasn’t a “real Mason fan” or something to that effect. He then proceeded to publicly embarrass them with a series of posts saying he must not be real in their eyes despite having spent x amount of money on tickets merch and donations like he has. He sold off a lot of stuff and I happened to get a basketball signed by the 06 team.Can you share why he has stopped posting here and following the basketball team?
Lol that was something that happened in December 2021 with @dr. gunnie not GMUBrian. The infamous Dawn Hicks and swimmom decided to basically start a twitter war with some mason fans because we were pissed that we lost a buy game to Norfolk State. They said it was okay and Dawn said we could still make the A10 tournament, lol.It’s a long story. Someone in the field house (correct me if I’m wrong) said he wasn’t a “real Mason fan” or something to that effect. He then proceeded to publicly embarrass them with a series of posts saying he must not be real in their eyes despite having spent x amount of money on tickets merch and donations like he has. He sold off a lot of stuff and I happened to get a basketball signed by the 06 team.
My apologies to GMUbrian and the dr gunnie fellow for the mixup. And thanks for jogging my memory/clarifying it Mr. Met.Lol that was something that happened in December 2021 with @dr. gunnie not GMUBrian. The infamous Dawn Hicks and swimmom decided to basically start a twitter war with some mason fans because we were pissed that we lost a buy game to Norfolk State. They said it was okay and Dawn said we could still make the A10 tournament, lol.
All goodMy apologies to GMUbrian and the dr gunnie fellow for the mixup. And thanks for jogging my memory/clarifying it Mr. Met.
Are GMUBrianGMU and Dr. Gunnie the same person? Inquiring minds want to know!My apologies to GMUbrian and the dr gunnie fellow for the mixup. And thanks for jogging my memory/clarifying it Mr. Met.
lol no they aren'tAre GMUBrianGMU and Dr. Gunnie the same person? Inquiring minds want to know!
Lol that was something that happened in December 2021 with @dr. gunnie not GMUBrian. The infamous Dawn Hicks and swimmom decided to basically start a twitter war with some mason fans because we were pissed that we lost a buy game to Norfolk State. They said it was okay and Dawn said we could still make the A10 tournament, lol.
Thanks, those years honestly blur together but at least I was in the same month lolIt was December 26, 2020, and the Patriots had 3 future NBA players - https://gomason.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2020-21/norfolk-state/boxscore/10931