(OT) New Fairfax City Bars

Have you all seen the new sign for the new Commonwealth Brewing Company? that is where the old Murphy Bookstore was across from the gas station...in addition, it looks like Earps Ordinary which has been under construction for a while, will be opening soon...and lastly, the old Crossroads location/Old Firehouse Grill is gonna be re-opening soon because their previous owner died. That's all that I know of....

PDGL Hoops

Starter
Have you all seen the new sign for the new Commonwealth Brewing Company? that is where the old Murphy Bookstore was across from the gas station...in addition, it looks like Earps Ordinary which has been under construction for a while, will be opening soon...and lastly, the old Crossroads location/Old Firehouse Grill is gonna be re-opening soon because their previous owner died. That's all that I know of....
Commonwealth's OG spot isn't far from my house in VB. Good beers but a lot of them are like rocket fuel. Be safe and be warned!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Commonwealth's OG spot isn't far from my house in VB. Good beers but a lot of them are like rocket fuel. Be safe and be warned!

Have any of you beer drinkers tried any of the beers based on experimental archaeology? Like this one from Dogfish Head: https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/midas-touch

Or these from Love Shack Libations: https://beerarchaeology.ca/

Only asking because a new brewery reminded me of the story I read of Dr. Pat (of Dogfish Head Midas Touch fame) also brewed George Washington’s Porter recipe. And these projects sound really cool and different from the latest IPA varieties that are so popular.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
One of my favorite topics. Off the top of my head, Fairfax City offers good bars or craft beers at:

Red Hot & Blue
Capitol City Brewing
High Side
Auld Shebeen
Earp’s Ordinary
Ornery Brewing
Chubby Squirrel
Patriots Cafe
Audacious Brewing
Honor Brewing
Artie’s
PJ Skidoos
Chez Hootiers

Plus the good options at University Mall outside city limits:
Fat Tuesday
Oh George
Velocity Wings
Banditos Tacos
Even Giant has a bar that is open sometimes, at unpredictable hours and curmudgeonly service

Getting thirsty after all this typing…

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One of my favorite topics. Off the top of my head, Fairfax City offers good bars or craft beers at:

Red Hot & Blue
Capitol City Brewing
High Side
Auld Shebeen
Earp’s Ordinary
Ornery Brewing
Chubby Squirrel
Patriots Cafe
Audacious Brewing
Honor Brewing
Artie’s
PJ Skidoos
Chez Hootiers

Plus the good options at University Mall outside city limits:
Fat Tuesday
Oh George
Velocity Wings
Banditos Tacos
Even Giant has a bar that is open sometimes, at unpredictable hours and curmudgeonly service

Getting thirsty after all this typing…
I remember when the Super Giant in Vienna had an entire clothes section.
Wal-Mart and K-Mart before there was such a thing.
Kinda off topic, but just an old guy reminiscing. Speaking of which, you guys remember the Little River Band?