OT - Mason's Undergrad School of Business Jumps 10 Spots in Rankings

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just got this email because I am an alum of Mason's School of Business. The latest US News and World Report Rankings shows Mason jumping 10 spots.

"
The 2015 U.S. News & World Report “Best Undergraduate Business Programs" rankings were released today and this year George Mason’s School of Business is ranked #62, up 10 spots from 2014. George Mason is tied in the rankings at 62 with several other notable schools including Baylor University, Northeastern University, Temple University, University of Richmond, and Villanova University.

This ranking places Mason’s School of Business above the following Virginia schools: Virginia Commonwealth University and James Madison University which were both ranked at #113.

The improvement in the rankings is an indication not only of the hard work of the business school’s faculty and staff to strengthen its programs to create career-ready graduates but also of the return-on-investment (ROI) that students find at George Mason University. The university has long touted its ROI for students, which was supported by a report published by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) that showed George Mason University’s graduates were earning relatively higher incomes than graduates from other Commonwealth of Virginia institutions and also had lower expenditures for students.

George Mason is the nation’s #6 university to watch on the list of "Up-and-Coming Schools" and the School of Business is also currently ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the following:

• Mason's MBA program is ranked #68 on the "Best Part-time MBA" list
  • Mason's Online EMBA program is #75 on the "Best Online Graduate Business Program" list

"

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am starting to feel bad for JMU. Not only have all their former peer universities left them behind in sports, but they are really not that special academically. The only program JMU grads ever bragged about is not that highly rated. It just seems to me that JMU's administration is afraid of JMU moving up classifications - academically and athletically. Some schools are just destined to be life long regional universities stuck in FCS.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am just happy to see our University continue in the right direction as an institution.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Reading the JMU boards has been an odd journey of anger and frustration turned to resignation