OT - Brion's Grille is closed.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not as old but all my music classes were held in trailers near where the Science and Tech building is now. Trailers have no acoustics!

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Brion's space is too big for either of those things.

So, which one of you is going to start a George Mason inspired microbrew and open a gastropub in Brion's place? I'd call it The Experimental Archeologist and brew nothing but Colonial era recipes (including the George Washington Porter).

You're welcome for making you rich.
I'm in!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That is what the old PE Building is now called. And its FAR OUT! not groovy
Oh. I thought they built the RAC across 123 from the campus. Maybe I'm wrong. Is the old Ring Rd. gym still there? That's the gym I remember where the team played.
And it can be either one. Or, as I said back in the early/mid 60's, neat or neato.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oh. I thought they built the RAC across 123 from the campus. Maybe I'm wrong. Is the old Ring Rd. gym still there? That's the gym I remember where the team played.
And it can be either one. Or, as I said back in the early/mid 60's, neat or neato.

That’s the RAC. The field house is across 123.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Any updates? Anything move in yet? Wife headed out of town early, wish Brion's was still open for some half price Thursdays!!!
I went over just the other day to see if anything was going on. No notice of any kind on the doors or elsewhere. Furniture remains stacked and the place is dead, no work has been done. Doubtful that anything will be in place by the start of the season. Holding out hope though.

Know anyone with a mobile home? We could set up in the parking lot and no one would be the wiser.

I've tried that before university frowns on that, or at least extending beer bongs down from its roof

I think my dad lives in a mobile home or a nursing one I forget but even if he still has one he generally doesn't like me touching anything of his much less his house

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I need a new place to buy my boys cheap shots.
I'm not sure how much their shots are, but is PJ Skiddos still a Mason hangout? I used to go there all the time when I lived in Fairfax, especially for their prime rib.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like I'm back to parking lot drinking with B Dubs and Brion's closed...!!!

Should auction off the wall shit, I'd probably even give 100 bucks for the bathroom pics

Parking Lot pimping and doing some skateboarding with Fro. Just don't get arrested.

Velocity Wings may let your kind in.

Fats will be the Go-to. Great wings and cheap drinks.

F*** Oh George

Parking Lot pimping and doing some skateboarding with Fro. Just don't get arrested.

F*** Oh George
I think it is time to revisit Fats, though that place has to be guaranteed COVID. Skidoos not a bad occasional meet though...

I enjoy Hurricanes and peanuts

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

F*** Oh George
Be careful, you'll be accused being some sort of ..ist for sentences like that. ;-)

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Disco is better off dead.

Attachments

• 28c8f119-defying-death-disco-has-a-life-of-its-own-696x445.jpg
    28c8f119-defying-death-disco-has-a-life-of-its-own-696x445.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 429