OT - Banditos

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
FYI, Banditos, formerly Brion's Grille, is scheduled to open Wednesday, February 22 at University Mall according to signs outside. While it may be too late to make it a go to destination before games this year it will be interesting to see how/if they choose to embrace the university, students, and fan base. It will always be Brion's to me though. Other bars at the mall just don't do it for me. Still looking for the home away from home atmosphere.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Might have been out of their control, but they missed a golden opportunity to have their grand opening align with Homecoming this weekend.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I just went to their website and the pictures of their decor almost burned my retinas... ;-)

I sure am glad that we now have two joints specializing in tacos within about 100 feet of each other...

Sarcasm aside, I wish them the best of luck and hopefully they become our go to fan hang out which has been sorely missing since Brion's Grille went away.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I just went to their website and the pictures of their decor almost burned my retinas... ;-)

I sure am glad that we now have two joints specializing in tacos within about 100 feet of each other...

Sarcasm aside, I wish them the best of luck and hopefully they become our go to fan hang out which has been sorely missing since Brion's Grille went away.
Would have much preferred a place with a more varied menu.

On a related topic....went to collect on 2 of my many free wings coupons at Glory Days in Burke. No more grilled wings, just the regular boneless. A real bummer for my wife. Company-wide policy according to the manager.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Would have much preferred a place with a more varied menu.

On a related topic....went to collect on 2 of my many free wings coupons at Glory Days in Burke. No more grilled wings, just the regular boneless. A real bummer for my wife. Company-wide policy according to the manager.
Probably not a money maker. My wife prefers grilled whatever it is. Sometimes hard to find.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They said on IG that their public opening is March 1, but it sounds like there's going to be a soft opening (unadvertised) before then.

I really really want this place to be good, and to be successful, and to be a great partner for Mason Athletics.

I also share the confusion about why we need two taco places, and I hope they will have contrasting styles.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I live next to the Arlington one. 0.0% chance they embrace Mason or deviate from the heinous decor. I went once and all I could think about was this tweet.

oprxpibuj7b91.jpg

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It will always be Jorge's to me!

Seriously, good luck to 'em. Hope they embrace Mason-os.
Jorges was a place of debauchery, drunkeness, and uncontrolled revelry of under aged drinking.

Man I miss that place.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jorges was a place of debauchery, drunkeness, and uncontrolled revelry of under aged drinking.

Man I miss that place.
Underage drinking ... whatever are you talking about??? Everyone had an ID, I'm sure, that stated they were of legal age.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Underage drinking ... whatever are you talking about??? Everyone had an ID, I'm sure, that stated they were of legal age.
Yeah everyone had an “ID” - like mine where I used a dark blue pencil to dot matrix a 9 into an 8 on the green cardboard side of my Va license .