Oregon State game thread

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am encouraged by what I have seen. For the first time we are showing some toughness and resolve as a team. It's becoming pretty clear that this is Bryan Allen's show. Sherrod is a mystery, playing very poorly and complaining to officials way too much. I like Jalen's aggressiveness and Johnny is playing with more toughness. Some good signs. Copes has been a help defensively. Damn, I'm happy with the effort. Also happy to see Hewitt going with Marquise, Corey is just too small. Hewitt has shaken things up from the standpoint of the lineup which like. He has also given OSU some different looks. Come on boys! Let's win 2 in Hawaii and turn things around in league play.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Vuaghn Gray should be playing instead of Wright.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
After the first half of last season, he seems to have lost the fire. I'd rather put the young guys in there and deal with the rookie mistakes so they can grow into the role. Why keep him in there if he has lost the will to play?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am encouraged by what I have seen. For the first time we are showing some toughness and resolve as a team. It's becoming pretty clear that this is Bryan Allen's show. Sherrod is a mystery, playing very poorly and complaining to officials way too much. I like Jalen's aggressiveness and Johnny is playing with more toughness. Some good signs. Copes has been a help defensively. Damn, I'm happy with the effort. Also happy to see Hewitt going with Marquise, Corey is just too small. Hewitt has shaken things up from the standpoint of the lineup which like. He has also given OSU some different looks. Come on boys! Let's win 2 in Hawaii and turn things around in league play.

Amen, '81. I'm to the point where I just want to see the players who play smart and hard. If Corey can't resist throwing the ball to the other team, play Moore; if Marko can't catch the ball without traveling, go with Jenkins; if Sherrod is in a funk, give his time to Holloway.

I know some people are down on Okoloji, but just watch him on both ends of the court for a few possessions. He might not be the most gifted player, but he knows where he is supposed to be and what he is supposed to do at all times. The pass he threw to Holloway after driving baseline yesterday for a wide-open 3 is a perfect example.

Sooner or later, it will register with all of the players that they have to earn their playing time. It's no coincidence that we have played our best defense the last two guys, because some guys are starting to realize that their playing time depends on it. Some of it is scheme, but most of it is just heart and determination.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Vuaghn Gray should be playing instead of Wright.

As long as Wright doesn't keep trying to do too much (like that ridiculous reverse layup he tried) I'm fine with leaving him out there. The other team still has to respect him which will open the floor up for other players.

Sherrod should try dishing it to contribute. They're still doubling him when he's getting into the paint.

JBiggs

Starter
As long as Wright doesn't keep trying to do too much (like that ridiculous reverse layup he tried) I'm fine with leaving him out there. The other team still has to respect him which will open the floor up for other players.

Sherrod should try dishing it to contribute. They're still doubling him when he's getting into the paint.
Interestingly, he had 4 assists in the first half. Distributing has always been a weak point of his on the offensive end.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Wonder if Hewitt will play freshmen over VG next year. Really bothers me Okoloji and Copes can maybe murder someone on campus and still maybe get tons more minutes.

They served their time, Jollay. Why should that be a factor? I just want to see the best players on the court. If Gray is one of those players, he should play more. If others are "stealing" his time, maybe he needs to work harder in practice.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
They served their time, Jollay. Why should that be a factor? I just want to see the best players on the court. If Gray is one of those players, he should play more. If others are "stealing" his time, maybe he needs to work harder in practice.

Maybe he has worked harder in practice. I just know Gray can go out there and make a mistake and get yanked immediately; you see that a lot less with many other guys.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Wonder if Hewitt will play freshmen over VG next year. Really bothers me Okoloji and Copes can maybe murder someone on campus and still maybe get tons more minutes.

It just makes me wonder how bad Gray actually is if he can't get any run when those guys can.