Official Fan Cheer Guide

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
First off, I apologize for my earlier pessimism about the ADs halting the Fan Cheer Guide movement.

I am pleased to let you know that the official fan cheer guide has made a huge leap further. After the AD saw the excellent student participation at the Duquesne game using the unofficial fan cheer guide, then seeing the lack of enthusiasm at the Richmond game last night, and with the vcu game looming, the AD identified the urgent need for an Official Fan Cheer Guide. The official fan cheer guide has been fast-tracked. Mason and the AD have moved much faster than we would have ever expected. Since persons in the AD know I post on the masonhoops.com and they saw me after the game last night, and based on my stellar performance on the “Blue Ribbon Mascot Panel” that replaced Gunston with The Patriot, I was called back into service to assist with this effort. We worked late into the evening on draft content and early this morning the fan cheer guide was approved by all 37 departments from which approval was required. This was a monumental lift for those involved and our AD should receive credit for pulling the strings necessary for getting this done.

What was started as a grass roots effort by our very own Jack Strop and with the financial support of some generous posters on this very fan site has now become an official movement. We should really start seeing the effects of this movement soon. This is getting really exciting.

This new fan cheer guide will be distributed at the upcoming vcu game. Because of my assistance in getting this done in such short order, I have a copy of the first “official” fan cheer guide and have attached it to this post. This is such a fantastic development. You are really going to get behind this.

P.S. Admin's-I suggest you sticky this thread so that it remains at the top so all fans can get an electronic copy of the fan cheer guide electronically, save a tree and be Green (and gold).

Attachments

• Mason Fan Cheer Guide.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 430

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
First off, I apologize for my earlier pessimism about the ADs halting the Fan Cheer Guide movement.

I am pleased to let you know that the official fan cheer guide has made a huge leap further. After the AD saw the excellent student participation at the Duquesne game using the unofficial fan cheer guide, then seeing the lack of enthusiasm at the Richmond game last night, and with the vcu game looming, the AD identified the urgent need for an Official Fan Cheer Guide. The official fan cheer guide has been fast-tracked. Mason and the AD have moved much faster than we would have ever expected. Since persons in the AD know I post on the masonhoops.com and they saw me after the game last night, and based on my stellar performance on the “Blue Ribbon Mascot Panel” that replaced Gunston with The Patriot, I was called back into service to assist with this effort. We worked late into the evening on draft content and early this morning the fan cheer guide was approved by all 37 departments from which approval was required. This was a monumental lift for those involved and our AD should receive credit for pulling the strings necessary for getting this done.

What was started as a grass roots effort by our very own Jack Strop and with the financial support of some generous posters on this very fan site has now become an official movement. We should really start seeing the effects of this movement soon. This is getting really exciting.

This new fan cheer guide will be distributed at the upcoming vcu game. Because of my assistance in getting this done in such short order, I have a copy of the first “official” fan cheer guide and have attached it to this post. This is such a fantastic development. You are really going to get behind this.

P.S. Admin's-I suggest you sticky this thread so that it remains at the top so all fans can get an electronic copy of the fan cheer guide electronically, save a tree and be Green (and gold).
A Declaration of Independence, perhaps? Your snarkiness makes a huge point!:bigsmile:

Last edited:

FreeGunston12

All-American

Troll. Should’ve known by the suggestion that the Patriot was an improvement on dear ole Gunston.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

This is hilarious. LOL!!!! I thought it was sincere but had some doubts when I red "approved by all 37 departments"

Well done hahahahaha

OP
gmubrian

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry, wasn’t trying to fool anyone...But honestly, tell me that at least some part of you didn’t think that looks almost about like (minus the sarcasm) what you expect to come from an official fan cheer guide by committee that takes at least two weeks to get approved...