Official 2019-2020 A10 regular season prediction thread

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Alright gang- who wants to give some predictions and see how they work out? The season kicks off tomorrow and if nothing else having no clue what to expect in a better league should make for a fun season.

Here are my predictions:

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. Bonaventure
5. Duquense
6. Mason
7. URI
8. Richmond
9. SLU
10. GW
11. Lasalle
12. St Joes
13. Umass
14. Fordham

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Alright gang- who wants to give some predictions and see how they work out? The season kicks off tomorrow and if nothing else having no clue what to expect in a better league should make for a fun season.

Here are my predictions:

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. Bonaventure
5. Duquense
6. Mason
7. URI
8. Richmond
9. SLU
10. GW
11. Lasalle
12. St Joes
13. Umass
14. Fordham
Great Job Matt. Think URI and Richmond are quite a bit better than you give them credit. Don't think Bona is as good as people think either. Duq's could surpass us and we could surpass Richmond, Bona or SLU to me. somewhere 5-9 Mason finish in the A10 (closer to 7-9 IMO)

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. URI
5. Richmond
6. Bona
7. SLU
8. Mason
9. Duquesne
10. Lasalle
11. UMASS
12. St Joe's
13. GW
14. Fordham

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Here are my predictions:

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. Bonaventure
5. Duquense
6. Mason
7. URI
8. Richmond
9. SLU
10. GW
11. Lasalle
12. St Joes
13. Umass
14. Fordham
Like why???

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Great Job Matt. Think URI and Richmond are quite a bit better than you give them credit. Don't think Bona is as good as people think either. Duq's could surpass us and we could surpass Richmond, Bona or SLU to me. somewhere 5-9 Mason finish in the A10 (closer to 7-9 IMO)

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. URI
5. Richmond
6. Bona
7. SLU
8. Mason
9. Duquesne
10. Lasalle
11. UMASS
12. St Joe's
13. GW
14. Fordham

Thanks- I'm not sold on Mooney at all as a coach for the most part and I don't know what to expect from URI since David Cox is still riding everything from Dan Hurley. Just my two cents. Guess we will find out soon enough.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks- I'm not sold on Mooney at all as a coach for the most part and I don't know what to expect from URI since David Cox is still riding everything from Dan Hurley. Just my two cents. Guess we will find out soon enough.
Langevine, Dowtin and Fats Russel is the 3rd best big 3 in the league IMO. I think that is enough for them to finish high

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Given our schedule, if Kier is back I think we fall somewhere between 9-9 and 11-7 (if we overperform), maybe 10-8? That was the 6-7 line last season (SLU and Duquesne both finished 10-8). So...totally guessing, since it's always a clusterf--- in the middle.

1. Davidson (yep, going Davidson no. 1)
2. vcu
3. Dayton
4. URI
5. Richmond
6. St. Bonaventure
7. Mason
8. Duquesne
9. SLU
10. La Salle
11. UMass
12. St. Joes
13. GW
14. Fordham

Herndon

All-Conference

Here are my predictions:

1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. Dayton
4. Bonaventure
5. Duquense
6. Mason
7. URI
8. Richmond
9. SLU
10. GW
11. Lasalle
12. St Joes
13. Umass
14. Fordham

This feels about right to me. I can see GW being a little lower, though.

JPgmuswim

Starter
My buddy and I do this every year, at the end of the year we count up how far we were off on each teams final standing (point per spot), loser buys lunch.

1. vcu
2. Dayton
3. Rhode Island
4. Davidson
5. St. Bonaventure
6. Richmond
7. George Mason
8. Duquesne
9. St. Louis
10. La Salle
11. George Washington
12. St. Joes
13. UMASS
14. Fordham.

J

JDK

Spectator
1. vcu
2. Davidson
3. George Mason
4. Bonaventure
5. Dayton
6. Duquesne
7. URI
8. Richmond
9. SLU
10. GW
11. Lasalle
12. St Joes
13. Umass
14. Fordham

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Is it okay this season if they finish about the same as last year (11-12 conference wins, 18-19 overall)? Is it all right in terms of overall develop if the team takes a step back in win-loss totals this year? I know Paulson has shown progress each year so far but the previous season is no indication of future performance.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is it okay this season if they finish about the same as last year (11-12 conference wins, 18-19 overall)? Is it all right in terms of overall develop if the team takes a step back in win-loss totals this year? I know Paulson has shown progress each year so far but the previous season is no indication of future performance.

Equaling 11 conference wins against an improving conference would be considered progress. I can’t imagine they’d take a step back in terms of overall wins if they are good enough to finish 11-7 in the A10 given their OOC schedule. If they struggle against Navy, Longwood, and Long Island, even missing Kier, we should expect a fairly long season. If we can put the first 3 home games in the win column, that will be a good sign.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
1. Dayton
2. vcu
3. Davidson
4. Rhode Island
5. St. Bonaventure
6. Richmond
7. St. Louis
8. Mason
9. Duquesne
10. GW
11. La Salle
12. St. Joes
13. UMASS
14. Fordham

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Is it cheating to wait to see how we look against Navy before giving my prediction?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu
Dayton
Davidson
Bona
Rhody
Mason
Duquesne
Richmond
SLU
La Salle
UMass
GW
Saint Joe’s
Fordham
If Mooney has Richmond go 8 this year then I may also purchase a billboard for him to get fired. That roster is kinda loaded.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Mooney has Richmond go 8 this year then I may also purchase a billboard for him to get fired. That roster is kinda loaded.

They play no defense and for that reason they will find ways to lose games that they have no business losing. But they will also get scorching hot in some games and absolutely run teams out of the gym.

It’s the story of Mooney’s tenure. This is his 15th season and by now he is what he is: a guy who makes $1.3M a year and has been to 2 NCAA tournaments. Meh.