NET

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Dayton beats Cincy (and then doesn't overly screw up Conference play) they should be pretty set with an at large bid imo- NET already has them at 39 and going 1-2 in Q1 games for them and ending non-con with only those two losses would be enough.

We'd be talking about Joe's if it wasn't for that horrifically dumb loss to Texas A&M Commerce dragging their rating down.

If Dusqy runs through their Christmas MTE and we knock off Tulane, and again, don't overly screw up conference play, both of us will at least be in very solid consideration for NIT, even with the new rules.
I would take NIT, but still hoping for NCAA (without any help from vcu). Who knows, these guys may gel and turn the jets on.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Dayton beats Cincy (and then doesn't overly screw up Conference play) they should be pretty set with an at large bid imo- NET already has them at 39 and going 1-2 in Q1 games for them and ending non-con with only those two losses would be enough.

We'd be talking about Joe's if it wasn't for that horrifically dumb loss to Texas A&M Commerce dragging their rating down.

If Dusqy runs through their Christmas MTE and we knock off Tulane, and again, don't overly screw up conference play, both of us will at least be in very solid consideration for NIT, even with the new rules.
Yeah - I mean there still seems to be some opportunity left for the league to take some quality wins and avoid any crazy bad losses. The NIT would be great but I know that with the new rules and just the general vibe of how tough that tournament gets (they take the NCAA rejects first), I'm never optimistic. It would be nice to have the A10 get a representative but anything beyond that would be surprising.
We just need to obliterate both of those teams and we'll be fine.
Yeah - I saw Miami beat LIU by 48 and their NET went up 20 points, so Mason just needs to win the cupcake tune up games by like 60 (okay 20-30 is good).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah - I mean there still seems to be some opportunity left for the league to take some quality wins and avoid any crazy bad losses. The NIT would be great but I know that with the new rules and just the general vibe of how tough that tournament gets (they take the NCAA rejects first), I'm never optimistic. It would be nice to have the A10 get a representative but anything beyond that would be surprising.

Yeah - I saw Miami beat LIU by 48 and their NET went up 20 points, so Mason just needs to win the cupcake tune up games by like 60 (okay 20-30 is good).

Yeah, the NIT has ceased to be about quality. But at the same time getting an at-large bid is much more straight forward as conference champions who lose their postseason tournaments won’t take any bids necessarily and I can’t imagine the selection committee reaching down to like the 12th place team in the ACC for an at-large after they take 8 for the NCAA and 2 more for the NIT.

OP
GMU1983

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
St. Joe Hawks are 7-2. Will host undefeated Princeton, (9-0 - 10 NET) on Sunday - QUAD 1 win - possibility. There are opportunities. If you watch Erik Reynolds, he probably will be POY and a definite NBA prospect. Again, we have to pull for the Hawks. Do you get it???? Our chances are slim but possible!

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, the NIT has ceased to be about quality. But at the same time getting an at-large bid is much more straight forward as conference champions who lose their postseason tournaments won’t take any bids necessarily and I can’t imagine the selection committee reaching down to like the 12th place team in the ACC for an at-large after they take 8 for the NCAA and 2 more for the NIT.
I'm almost certain the NCAA would rather put a 14-13 SEC school in over us

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I would bet the NIT is much more interested in the 9-7 18-15 ACC team than the 26-5 15-1 low major who lost in their semis. Its just a matter if the high major program actually accepts the NIT invitation since some programs don't want anything to do with the NIT.

St. Joe Hawks are 7-2. Will host undefeated Princeton, (9-0 - 10 NET) on Sunday - QUAD 1 win - possibility. There are opportunities. If you watch Erik Reynolds, he probably will be POY and a definite NBA prospect. Again, we have to pull for the Hawks. Do you get it???? Our chances are slim but possible!
Don't think anyone has any issue rooting for 13 of the 14 other schools in the A10. I certainly don't.

Last edited: