Mt. Clutchmore

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
For those that aren't on social media and haven't seen the promotional giveaway for the GW game - pretty creative:

image1 (2).jpeg

JPgmuswim

Starter
Did we not have any clutch shooters before 10 years ago?

If we were to make a Mason Mt. Rushmore who would your 4 players be? Obviously some of us have been fans longer than others.

For me I’d say Yates, Evans, and Livingston would have to be represented. I would have picked one of the final 4 players like Butler or Thomas but going off of stats would Kenny Sanders be a better pick? He played before my time.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I believe these are the four Mason players who have hit game winners as time expired to win a game. I'm not sure, certainly at home, that we have had any prior to Sherrod's Valentine's Day shot...

JPgmuswim

Starter
I believe these are the four Mason players who have hit game winners as time expired to win a game. I'm not sure, certainly at home, that we have had any prior to Sherrod's Valentine's Day shot...
Those 4 definitely have hit memorable game winning shots. I’m sure there had to be some before the amazing V-Day game though right?

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member

I guess I should clarify, this Mt Clutchmore is in reference to the buzzer beaters we've had through the years.

Jalen Jenkins had the 3/4 court shot vs Manhattan and I think one vs Davidson
Sherrod had one vs vcu and another a couple games later vs Richmond (?)
Otis has had one vs St Joes and then last week's against Fordham
Boyd has had vcu, UMass, and St Joes I believe

Am I missing any? Has Otis had any others?

Last edited:

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I like it. I remember every one of those shots. Haha good promotion.

at the top of my head:

Boyd: St. Joes, UMASS and vcu Last year
Jenkins: Fordham - To go into OT at the A10 Tourney, The 75 footer against Manhatton I think
Livingston: St. Joe's Last Year, and now Fordham.
Wright: Snowy Valentine's Day against vcu

Did I miss any or get any wrong?

OP
dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
That is beautiful. I love it.

Boyd is pretty dead on as far as his likeness on the item - Otis is pretty close too. There is a slight resemblance of Sherrod and Jalen for theirs, but I don't think I would have pulled it if you would have just shown me the pic.

It is a cool item - never seen anything done like it. I guess the San Francisco Giants had something like it, but still pretty creative overall. Good job whoever came up with it.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Otis against Umass was close to a buzzer beater I believe. Or was that Boyd?

Also Sherrod vs Richmond in the turd was a buzzer beater.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Boyd is pretty dead on as far as his likeness on the item - Otis is pretty close too. There is a slight resemblance of Sherrod and Jalen for theirs, but I don't think I would have pulled it if you would have just shown me the pic.

It is a cool item - never seen anything done like it. I guess the San Francisco Giants had something like it, but still pretty creative overall. Good job whoever came up with it.
Seriously. Promote whoever came up with the idea.

And the one least resembles the actual player is Jalen.

This will be on my “Mason memorabilia Mt. Rushmore” for years to come.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

If we were to make a Mason Mt. Rushmore who would your 4 players be? Obviously some of us have been fans longer than others.

For me I’d say Yates, Evans, and Livingston would have to be represented. I would have picked one of the final 4 players like Butler or Thomas but going off of stats would Kenny Sanders be a better pick? He played before my time.
My Mt Rushmore overall:
Yates, Evans, Sanders and Thomas

If I have to give the ball to one player at the end of the game to score? I think its Evans. Yates and Sanders are before my time. Evans wasnt a guard and so he didnt have the ball in his hands all the time, yet he still controlled the game.

And I love this giveaway. Great idea.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
While not a buzzer beater, Hancock’s 3 against Nova in the tourney was one of the most clutch shots in the biggest moments of Mason history since I’ve been a fan.
Absolutely. That shot alone sent him to Louisville. Not that his entire body of work wasn't special, but that put him in the national consciousness with one shot.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

smccart5

Starter
I guess I should clarify, this Mt Clutchmore is in reference to the buzzer beaters we've had through the years.

Jalen Jenkins had the 3/4 court shot vs Manhattan and I think one vs Davidson
Sherrod had one vs vcu and another a couple games later vs Richmond (?)
Otis has had one vs St Joes and then last week's against Fordham
Boyd has had vcu, UMass, and St Joes I believe

Am I missing any? Has Otis had any others?
Jenkins had a game winner a few homecomings ago