Mid-Major Madness Coaching Contract Database

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mid-Major madness compiled a data base of all the mid-major men's basketball coaching contracts and saw this bonus for our own Coach Paulsen that I thought was interesting.

• Dave Paulsen receives $5,000 if more than 4,500 fans attend each George Mason home game. The Patriots only drew 4,335 fans per game in 2019-20.
Base pay: 400,000. Supplemental income 337,000 (total: $737,000). Contract runs through 4/30/2022, so next season would be his contract year if he doesn't get extended -- or fired -- after this season).

Here's a link to the database

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mid-Major madness compiled a data base of all the mid-major men's basketball coaching contracts and saw this bonus for our own Coach Paulsen that I thought was interesting.

• Dave Paulsen receives $5,000 if more than 4,500 fans attend each George Mason home game. The Patriots only drew 4,335 fans per game in 2019-20.
Base pay: 400,000. Supplemental income 337,000 (total: $737,000). Contract runs through 4/30/2022, so next season would be his contract year if he doesn't get extended -- or fired -- after this season).

Here's a link to the database
sheesh so Paulsen really enjoys the "boy/Girl Scouts" games at the Pat Dome. that and vcu only way he gets paid his bonuses. That is actually really sad

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
sheesh so Paulsen really enjoys the "boy/Girl Scouts" games at the Pat Dome. that and vcu only way he gets paid his bonuses. That is actually really sad

Lol, First off its 4500 average for the year and second off its probably 1 of like 10 different bonuses. I'm sure he gets something if they finish top 3, win the league, good gpa, make the NCAAs etc.

It isn't as easy as it sounds considering the non conference goes through the holiday season and many of the games are buy games during the week.

It is an interesting find though. Thanks for sharing @GMUgemini

Last edited: