Mason Commercial- basketball centric

smccart5

Starter
I've seen this commercial a lot recently during games and i find it very interesting because it is completely centered around basketball. it shows all these different aspects of the school, but always has the dribbling noise and always comes back to the center court image.

This seems to make it obvious that the president and administration know the importance of a good basketball team for recruiting students. Even in our low time right now, this could mean that the powers at be will not let the losing ways continue for to long without making some personnel changes.

Here's the video:
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eA9CwL0MhE

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I've seen this commercial a lot recently during games and i find it very interesting because it is completely centered around basketball. it shows all these different aspects of the school, but always has the dribbling noise and always comes back to the center court image.

This seems to make it obvious that the president and administration know the importance of a good basketball team for recruiting students. Even in our low time right now, this could mean that the powers at be will not let the losing ways continue for to long without making some personnel changes.

Here's the video:
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eA9CwL0MhE
Good point. And good commercial.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Very cool and more professional looking. Huge upgrade from that other commercial we used to show.

However, I do think Thuc Phan needs to be hired to make a MORE basketball friendly commercial. I'm talking including George Evans dunking on that pale white boy from JMU up to the 2006 team breaking ankles and dropping 3's all over UCONN's sorry asses.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thuc Phan needs to be made VP of Communications for the University - the young man has game and I would support such a move. Get him and office, a production team and a team of dedicated co-eds to service his every need and desire.

Make it happen Mr. President.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our commercials get better as our team gets worse. The person who runs the marketing department is coaching them up. I've seen constant improvement over the last few years.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Loved it, except for the wordart at the end. ;)
This has been exactly my reaction each time I see the ad. I think wow, this is one of the best spots Mason has ever made, and then bam! repulsive '90s Wordart at the end. :slap:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If the wordart at the end is the worst thing in the commercial, I think we've come a long way...I remember the commercials that looked like it was a 7th grade film project.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Instead of the wordart, maybe they should add a toliet, with Hewitt flushing our program down the toliet. I kid.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Did anyone see the VA Lottery commercial that ran during a Nats @ Mets commercial break on MASN2 tonight? The Mason underwater hockey team was featured. I think the Game Guy was part of the spot. Regardless, it didn't make me think, "wow, that's cool...."

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Did anyone see the VA Lottery commercial that ran during a Nats @ Mets commercial break on MASN2 tonight? The Mason underwater hockey team was featured. I think the Game Guy was part of the spot. Regardless, it didn't make me think, "wow, that's cool...."

Yeah, my 16-year-old was like, "Hey look Dad, it's a Mason commercial ... oh wait ... uh, gee, that's pretty lame."

Then he said, "But at least Mason isn't known for quidditch like William & Mary."

Love that kid!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, my 16-year-old was like, "Hey look Dad, it's a Mason commercial ... oh wait ... uh, gee, that's pretty lame."

Jim, if your 16-year-old is saying "gee," you need to have a sit-down with him before an "oopsy daisy" slips out in front of his friends. :cool:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim, if your 16-year-old is saying "gee," you need to have a sit-down with him before an "oopsy daisy" slips out in front of his friends. :cool:

Actually, I'm pretty sure he muttered the F word instead of "gee," but I was trying not to throw him under the bus ... especially since any potty-mouth tendencies he might possess obviously were passed on by his idiot father. :bigsmile:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
... especially since any potty-mouth tendencies he might possess obviously were passed on by his idiot father. :bigsmile:

It is funny how quickly kids pick up bad words. I learned the hard way that I had to alter my language when my son was 3 and said in front of my wife's entire family at Thanksgiving, "I am getting so f-cking frustrated!"