News Mason Basketball Meet & Greet Set For Tuesday, Sept. 29th at EagleBank Arena

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"Mason Basketball Meet & Greet Set For Tuesday, Sept. 29th at EagleBank Arena" by News Robot

Mason Basketball Meet & Greet Set For Tuesday, Sept. 29th at EagleBank Arena. Fans have the opportunity to view available seats and upgrade locations for the 2015-16 season.Read more here… via George Mason Headline News

Continue reading...

Steve33

Sixth Man
Im actually gonna go this time. have never been to this event before so im looking forward to it.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The PoorManProfit will not be there. Photo-Op w/ Final Four Trophy? Huh?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The PoorManProfit will not be there. Photo-Op w/ Final Four Trophy? Huh?

With every post you reveal how ignorant you are. What are you questioning, whether the NCAA gives out trophies to the regional champions? Or why Mason would have a photo op as part of the 10th anniversary of the final four?

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
With every post you reveal how ignorant you are. What are you questioning, whether the NCAA gives out trophies to the regional champions? Or why Mason would have a photo op as part of the 10th anniversary of the final four?

Why am I ignorant? I understand an East regional championship trophy, but a FF trophy?

GMU92

Starter
Why am I ignorant? I understand an East regional championship trophy, but a FF trophy?

Just makes it easier for the more casual fan to understand. A lot more people will understand Final Four as opposed to East Regional champion trophy. Part of the objective of this meet and greet is to sell and/or upgrade season tickets, so it might be a wider audience than just us in-the-know diehards.
And speaking of that Final Four trophy, I hope it is in the works to eventually have a permanent display for it. Maybe carve out a little space when the practice facility is built down the road.

GMU92

Starter
  1. Dave Paulsen ‏@PaulsenDave 2h2 hours ago
    Come join our staff and players Tuesday night 5:30-7 at EagleBank Arena

1. Dave Paulsen ‏@PaulsenDave 2h2 hours ago
    Come join our staff and players Tuesday night 5:30-7 at EagleBank Arena

Pretty sure I'm in for this event, but why are these scheduled during the week when a lot of folks are still at work or sitting on I-66? We're having to make some schedule adjustments to attend, not sure how many folks are willing or able to do that.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
For those who are unable to attend, what questions would you like us to ask Coach Paulsen?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
For those who are unable to attend, what questions would you like us to ask Coach Paulsen?

How do you manage the rotation when you have 4 PFs -- including two seniors and a RS junior -- but no backup center and a true freshman as the only SF?

How do you balance the need to win games (playing veterans) versus developing the young guys who will need to play major minutes next season?

Thanks!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
How do you manage the rotation when you have 4 PFs -- including two seniors and a RS junior -- but no backup center and a true freshman as the only SF?

How do you balance the need to win games (playing veterans) versus developing the young guys who will need to play major minutes next season?

Thanks!

http://stevejonesshow.com/dave-paulsen-pl-coach-of-the-year/:

"The Bucknell men’s basketball team won its fourth outright Patriot League regular-season championship in the last five years on Saturday. The Bison did it in true team fashion, with 10 players making at least three starts and as many as a dozen seeing game action on most nights, . . . "

"The Bison had graduated four key seniors, including the 2014 Patriot League Player of the Year in Ayers, and this year Paulsen successfully incorporated four freshmen into key roles in the rotation. Bucknell has been starting three freshmen for much of the season, and the four first-year players are accounting for 35.5 percent of the team’s scoring."

Frankly, I'm not concerned about Coach Paulsen managing the current roster. He's won a D-III national championship, and he was highly successful in the Patriot League at an outstanding academic school. What I want to know is what new resources he believes are necessary for Mason to become an elite A-10 program; e.g., his position on a new practice facility?

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
http://stevejonesshow.com/dave-paulsen-pl-coach-of-the-year/:

Frankly, I'm not concerned about Coach Paulsen managing the current roster. He's won a D-III national championship, and he was highly successful in the Patriot League at an outstanding academic school. What I want to know is what new resources he believes are necessary for Mason to become an elite A-10 program; e.g., his position on a new practice facility?

I think he addressed some of this at the last meet-and-greet he had last summer (shortly after the Eagle Bank deal was announced). He indicated that the Patriot Center was "a very busy place" and that there was a need for a practice facility to stay competitive. I don't remember him giving more detail however----how soon was it reasonable to raise the money for it, whether there was a formal effort in that direction, etc.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I think he addressed some of this at the last meet-and-greet he had last summer (shortly after the Eagle Bank deal was announced). He indicated that the Patriot Center was "a very busy place" and that there was a need for a practice facility to stay competitive. I don't remember him giving more detail however----how soon was it reasonable to raise the money for it, whether there was a formal effort in that direction, etc.

For another trip down memory lane, see http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2006/07/03/story6.html.

Also, see http://facilities.gmu.edu/CampusPla...20420-Land-and-Building-Committee-23APR12.pdf.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Frankly, I'm not concerned about Coach Paulsen managing the current roster. He's won a D-III national championship, and he was highly successful in the Patriot League at an outstanding academic school.

No offense, Pablo, but my issue isn't with his qualifications -- I'm curious how he plans to deal with the fact that 33 percent of our roster plays the same position and we are woefully short in other areas.

I'm fairly confident that's not something he had to deal with either at Bucknell or Williams. I'd like to know if he has any creative plans in mind to turn our four PFs into a strength.

I wish I could go tonight so I could ask him myself, but unfortunately I have to work.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
No offense, Pablo, but my issue isn't with his qualifications -- I'm curious how he plans to deal with the fact that 33 percent of our roster plays the same position and we are woefully short in other areas.

I'm fairly confident that's not something he had to deal with either at Bucknell or Williams. I'd like to know if he has any creative plans in mind to turn our four PFs into a strength.

I wish I could go tonight so I could ask him myself, but unfortunately I have to work.

Jim,

If I get the opportunity, I'll raise your issue.