Marquise Moore

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Marquise is quickly turning into one of my favorite Mason players. As the only guy who can create looks for himself consistently, he's the backbone of our offense at this point.

I don't think he's going to the NBA, but I don't think we appreciate how well-rounded his game is. His RSB40 (rebounds, steals, and blocks per 40 minutes) is at 9.3 and might increase after this St. Louis game. Here's a blog entry on how RSB40 can be predictive for guards entering the NBA, and how anything over 9.0 is really, really good:

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1254

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I kept noticing today how much "bigger than his size" Marquise played. I was remembering back to his freshman season and remember thinking the same thing. He uses his body like a much larger player.

Harry

Starter
Off topic, but I saw Charlie Casserly at Fair Oaks Mall today, talking on the phone and wearing a Mason hoodie. When he got off the phone I asked about the hoodie. Turns out he is teaching a sports marketing course at Mason. Nice guy, we talked for a while and he asked if my wife and I were alums and whether we have any children at Mason. I told him we both were as was our oldest.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Update - Marquise leads the team in:

Points per game (12.6)
Assists per game (3.4)
Blocks (20)

Marquise is second on the team in:

Rebounds (124)
Steals (15)

Those are seriously impressive block and rebound numbers from a 6'1" guard. His development this year has been tremendous.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Repeating what I said in the other thread, Marquise could ultimately go down as one of my top five Mason basketball players ever. Such a pleasure watching him play.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Marquise is quickly turning into one of my favorite Mason players. As the only guy who can create looks for himself consistently, he's the backbone of our offense at this point.

I don't think he's going to the NBA, but I don't think we appreciate how well-rounded his game is. His RSB40 (rebounds, steals, and blocks per 40 minutes) is at 9.3 and might increase after this St. Louis game. Here's a blog entry on how RSB40 can be predictive for guards entering the NBA, and how anything over 9.0 is really, really good:

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1254

His big glaring weakness is still a perimeter game (1 for 13 this season, 6 for 20 last). If he does take a 3, it's because he has to.

If he somehow finds a perimeter game going into his senior season, he'll be all-conference no doubt.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Marquise Moore ‏@quise_22 Feb 10
Itching to get back on the court
1f629.png

I'm thinking the emoji would be more positive if he was playing this weekend.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Here's a cool link using CBR's player season finder that illustrates what a unique player Marquise is:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...val=0.7&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

He's one of only 74 players listed as a guard or guard/forward in the past ten years to average 6 rebounds, 0.9 blocks, and 0.7 steals per game. He's done this despite being clearly less than 100% for a couple games. If he finishes the season strong he could put himself in pretty rare company.

I would love to be able to run this by height, because there are a lot of guys between 6'6"-6'10" on this list. I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure it would show you that Marquise is one of only a handful of guys under 6'3" to put up those kind of block/rebound numbers.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a stretch to post this news in this thread, but since he was a target for Marquis's scholarship it's at least borderline appropriate.

Read today that Tim Quarterman has declared early for the NBA draft and already hired an agent. I only watched the kid a few times this year, but there's no chance he gets drafted right? I guess he couldn't imagine another year in the SEC without Ben Simmons to help him pad his stats.

I never even really regretted missing out on this kid. Can't believe someone convinced him he's NBA ready.

JBiggs

Starter
DraftExpress has him in the second round of the 2017 mock draft, but I don't know what his stock would be in this draft. He has some valuable strengths for the NBA, notably his size/wingspan combined with playmaking ability and hustle, but he's not a terribly efficient player for a PG/SG (PER of 17.7). He seems to be a hard worker, so he may make a roster.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
It's a stretch to post this news in this thread, but since he was a target for Marquis's scholarship it's at least borderline appropriate.

Read today that Tim Quarterman has declared early for the NBA draft and already hired an agent. I only watched the kid a few times this year, but there's no chance he gets drafted right? I guess he couldn't imagine another year in the SEC without Ben Simmons to help him pad his stats.

I never even really regretted missing out on this kid. Can't believe someone convinced him he's NBA ready.

11 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists the past two seasons.

Haven't really watched him play much, but then again, neither have you.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I really like Moore. He does a lot of things well. And he is really important to our team as evidenced by how we struggled when he was out of the lineup. But let's get real. Moore can't shoot well enough to be considered NBA caliber talent.