Mar Broken Foot

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow...regardless of how his season has gone - this is a big blow. Guessing JDS will be getting a lot more PT.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Terrible news. His length and defensive prowless have been key in the last 6 games or so. Hope he recovers well.

Next man up.

Looks like they may have to play 4 guards plus AJ/Reuter more often. More minutes for Boyd potentially as well as some minutes open up for JDS and Hartwell

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This sucks for Gonar and our team. Depth and experience were supposed to be two of our strengths this year, but now we are down two starters with Grayer and Mar presumably done for the year. I hope the NCAA will allow both players to redshirt for the year.

Rather than Boyd or JDS starting, I would think that AJ would pick up most of Mar's minutes at the 4 given his length defensively and ability to stretch the floor offensively.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Sucks that Otis will not have gone to one tournament during his time here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Too far into the season for a redshirt?

Sounds like it.
Medical Hardship Requirements
To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

• The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
  • The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
  • The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
  • The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.
https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

masonjoe

Starter
Wow what a complete wasted opportunity to run over a shitty A-10 this year. Oh well next will be good with our one-star recruits coming in right?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This sucks for Gonar and our team. Depth and experience were supposed to be two of our strengths this year, but now we are down two starters with Grayer and Mar presumably done for the year. I hope the NCAA will allow both players to redshirt for the year.

Rather than Boyd or JDS starting, I would think that AJ would pick up most of Mar's minutes at the 4 given his length defensively and ability to stretch the floor offensively.

Exactly. AJ, Greg, and Reuter will be taking all of the 4/5 minutes moving forward. I'd start Greg and Aj.

If one of them gets in serious foul trouble Coach will probably put Boyd at the 4.

Boyd is the first guard off the bench. Hartwell will continue to get minutes regardless.

We will be fine. Next man up

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Exactly. AJ, Greg, and Reuter will be taking all of the 4/5 minutes moving forward. I'd start Greg and Aj.

If one of them gets in serious foul trouble Coach will probably put Boyd at the 4.

Boyd is the first guard off the bench. Hartwell will continue to get minutes regardless.

We will be fine. Next man up
I’d expect to see a ton of 4-guard lineups with Boyd at the “4”. That’s where he played down the stretch against Davidson.