Kicks on the Court

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I'm off today and I'm bored. Here is a compilation of the kicks worn by Mason players. Why I spent my free time doing this I don't know...

mbbmasonsfu16nov2013j2basketjohnirwin.jpg

Johnny Williams - Nike Air Hyperdunk 2013
Cory Edwards - Jordan 3 Retro

marko-uni-1.jpg

Marko - Nike Air Hyperdunk 2012

img_8752.jpg

Marquise Moore - Nike Hyperdunk 2013

img_9262.jpg

Sherrod - Jordan CP3.VII

bryon_allen.jpg

BA - Nike KD VI

johnirwinmbbmasonamerican.jpg

Patrick - Nike Zoom Soldier VII

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They should all be wearing Moore's shoes. Or at least all be that same color scheme.
I agree and have been saying this for years. For years, even under the Cuban, our players have worn all kinds of different sneakers. Its as if they've been told any kind of Nike branded shoe is ok, regardless of color, style, etc. Most teams where either one of two styles while our guys have 7-8 different styles and it looks terrible. While this is low on the priority list of things to change, it still needs to change.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree and have been saying this for years. For years, even under the Cuban, our players have worn all kinds of different sneakers. Its as if they've been told any kind of Nike branded shoe is ok, regardless of color, style, etc. Most teams where either one of two styles while our guys have 7-8 different styles and it looks terrible. While this is low on the priority list of things to change, it still needs to change.

I don't care if our players need to start wearing green Crocs as long as it helps them play better.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm just old, but the shoes these days just look weird to me. Odd color combos, day-glow, I just don't get it. I play in a rec league and it was damn hard to find some shoes that didn't have some kind of neon on them.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Actually that makes sense. I think it started with runners and then someone thought it looked cool and it caught on.

Kind of like Timberland Boots. Originally designed to be work boots but someone thought they looked cool and that style of work boots caught on in the fashion circles.

I know I still have a pair and I work in an office :)

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You joke, but high viz gear is the current in style design. It's hard to buy running gear right now that isn't super bright/reflective. I presume that influence is across most sports
I tend to have extremely plain tastes and had a very hard time buying my last pair of running shoes. Everything is bright colors and frequently clashing colors. I hate being in my 30s - too old to wear cool shoes but I still feel too young to wear old man shoes. Ah well, at least I'm not wearing crocs!

Hey, I want my kids wearing the same shoes instead of promoting individuality on the court. But that's just me.

I get that different brands don't mesh with some guys. My foot is so wide and bulky I can barely play in Nikes anymore. On a related note, my private parts are so wide and bulky my underwear choices are limited as well.

expendable smurf

Four-star Recruit
I question the decision making of all those not wearing the KD VI.

For running shoes I've given up on caring about the colors. Pretty much every decent shoe comes only in some sort of ultra glow color scheme so there just isn't much to be done about it. My favorite shoes were recently redesigned and released in less bright colors. The problem is that the redesign compromised the functionality of the shoe. So I got a few pairs of the previous design, blinding colors and all.

They're bright green though so if I ever run to a Mason game I'll fit right in.