Keep the heat going... Email the student newspaper!

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Please email the Head of Mason 4th Estate, Hau Chu, urging him to write an editorial urging the firing of Paul Hewitt.

hchau4@gmu.edu

Be polite and civil. Introduce yourself as a Mason alum and urge him to do it. Cite the Washington Post article.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm pretty sure Brad Edwards and President Cabrera are already well aware and taking measures for our current and future coaching situation. Otherwise they would suck at their jobs.

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I'm pretty sure Brad Edwards and President Cabrera are already well aware and taking measures for our current and future coaching situation. Otherwise they would suck at their jobs.

The Great PATSby: I'm well aware that they are well aware.

Some heat from the student newspaper would show the students don't want Hewitt and would turn up the heat on Hewitt's hot seat.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I would, but I don't think I could ever live up to the awesomeness of this one.

Coach,

I am a recent alum. I love the basketball team. My simple expectation as a fan is for us to be in the hunt for postseason play. I do not know if we are going to be in the hunt for a postseason tournament this year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...-he-can-win-a-national-title?urn=ncaab-wp5552- Is this still a realistic goal for the program? What is our concrete plan to become a better basketball program?

I worry that our program is regressing.

10-11 - 27-6 - 8 seed, Gritty win over Villanova in the NCAA tournament
11-12 - 24-9 - nothing
12-13 - 22-16 - CBI Runner Up
13-14 - 7-8 - so far...

I also worry that the vcu Rams are surpassing us in a lot of ways: winning program, new practice facility, an outstanding 2014 recruiting class and national buzz. They would run through a wall for Shaka Smart.

Would our guys do the same for you?

What is the game plan to catch up to vcu, stomp on their throats and get back in the national spotlight?

I will be blunt with you:

Mason Nation needs some hope!

I just want our program to simply get back to where we were in March 2011 let alone the lofty heights of winning a national championship.

I realize you have many responsibilities including recruiting, future schedule planning, watching game tape, coaching and leading the program. Thank you for taking time out of your day to respond if you so choose.

I wish you, your family, and your hardworking assistants a Happy New Year.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I never left...

I've made my peace with the fact that I was too patient with Hewitt and was wrong about the hire. I await his departure eagerly.

We desperately need someone to be positive on this board. And, I actually enjoyed your posts more when you were "too patient with Hewitt":

"Maybe I'm not nuts after all...

The new offense will get us to 19 wins."
GMURaider, Nov 9, 2014

OP
GMURaider

GMURaider

Sixth Man
We desperately need someone to be positive on this board. And, I actually enjoyed your posts more when you were "too patient with Hewitt":

"Maybe I'm not nuts after all...

The new offense will get us to 19 wins."
GMURaider, Nov 9, 2014

Well I think my optimism has gone to speculating how many wins Nyla would need to put up a 2015 WNIT banner next to the 2004 WNIT banner...

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Well I think my optimism has gone to speculating how many wins Nyla would need to put up a 2015 WNIT banner next to the 2004 WNIT banner...

You are definitely an optimist. BTW, the women are losing 22-11 at home to GW.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
They aren't that good.

And there's no way they're making the NIT: their RPI is 221 right now.

Indeed, their only conference wins are at home against weaker teams. This site projects them only to win 2 more games: http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/208_Women.htm

With the men far below .500 this past year and a half and the women having really struggled for many years, the bar for hope was set pretty low for us fans wanting to rally around one of our teams. But I suspect if the women played the out of conference schedule that the men have, their record would be much poorer than it is.

That's not to say that Taylor Brown isn't something special! The women are certainly better than they used to be and are worthy of support, but any post season is improbable.