Just Under 4 Years Ago

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
In February 2011, just shy of four years ago, we also played a Norther Iowa team. Here is what it looked like then.

Thirteen and counting.

The Patriots put their nation-leading 12 consecutive wins to the test Saturday night on the road at Northern Iowa (19-10, 10-6), a team just one year removed from a miraculous run to the Sweet Sixteen, and escaped with a hard-fought 77-71 victory.

The Patriots (23-5, 14-2) captured the country’s longest streak following their 71-51 road victory over vcu Tuesday night, the same night that Coastal Carolina snapped their 22 game streak.
http://www.connect2mason.com/conten...in-streak-13-games-victory-over-northern-iowa

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
And what changed? Oh, yeah. I'm sure glad we got rid of Larranaga and didn't give him the going rate. Things are so much better now.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
You mean we aren't as good as we were in 2011? Who knew? Thanks for the update.

Feel free to correct me Quentin, but I do not believe you were making a commentary on the current state of the basketball program, but was rather reminiscing on the joy of 2011.

Last edited:

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And we covered the spread in this game during Jollay's Bachelor Party in Vegas, resulting in a high-quality steak dinner for Tarvis, Kong and others...
Nice...I was at one in Vegas for a member of these boards in 2006. I vividly remember giving the book 25 to take Mason against JMU. Mason covered. Good times... Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...