Isaiah Jackson

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Gotta say, I like ALL of these young guys Hewitt and staff have brought in.

Poised, well-spoken, represent the program and the university with class.

Nice opportunity to get to know them just a bit early in their college careers.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Could IJ be the surprise PG we desperately need??

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Based on what I've seen so far from Isaiah Jackson, I'm hoping that Hewitt will soon start giving him significant quality PT.

He definitely looked like he belonged out there. Wasn't afraid and made an impact in the few minutes he got. Had a 3 and another that spun out.

At this point, I'm all for the young guys getting as much playing time as possible. There is literally no other purpose for this already lost season.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems like every year we say damn the older guys, let the new guys play. Then after Hewitt mind f**ks them, well ya know.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
IMO, one thing that Hewitt is doing correctly is increasing Isaiah Jackson's PT:

Cornell game - 8 minutes
Princeton - 13
West Virginia - 18

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
IMO, one thing that Hewitt is doing correctly is increasing Isaiah Jackson's PT

Agreed. I think Thompson and Porter are also benefitting from some additional minutes. The college game looks a little fast for Lockett, but I'm sure it will slow down with more experience.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Agreed. I think Thompson and Porter are also benefitting from some additional minutes. The college game looks a little fast for Lockett, but I'm sure it will slow down with more experience.

I'm hoping that Lockett or Mayimba will be the first lock-down defender on the perimeter since Isaiah Tate graduated.

Dawgs99

Starter
Lockett has a case of the dribbles....kid is dribbling the ball way too much. I will say though that for a kid who played the 4/5 in HS his handles aren't half bad. I do like or young guys and really hope we land a coach who can develope them into A10 caliber players. Really wish Therence was able to play, not that it would change any of these outcomes but he was the freshmen I was most excited about, oh well. The cupboard is certainly not bare for the next guy.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Speaking of Therence, I sure hope the NCAA pulls its head out quickly and makes a decision. It should have been determined before the season started.

wijg

Starter
Speaking of Therence, I sure hope the NCAA pulls its head out quickly and makes a decision. It should have been determined before the season started.
These kinds of situations prove that the NCAA is full of ish when it comes to actually caring about the students. OK, so the kid went to a high school that is suspect. Mason thinks they can educate and graduate him while giving him a free ride in return for him playing basketball. What is better for the kid? Let Mason try to educate him and it is Mason's problem if he can't hack it as it will ding our APR, or kicking the kid to the curb?

With the APR, it really negates the need for this kind of issue.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With his clutch shooting and defensive play on the leading scorer in D-I in the victory over Iona, is there any doubt that freshman guard Isaiah Jackson deserves to be a starter? For the season, Isaiah is shooting a team-high 50.0% (7-14) behind the arc and 80.0% (12-15) from the FT line.