Improve Mason home game experience discussion

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The student section was great last night in the second half. I give credit to the Patriot Club admin that used signs via Gunston to get them to stand.

Then, my family's absolutely favorite Green Machine band member, Matty Ice, came over the student section and convinced them to do the George/Mason chant with the Green Machine on the other side, and finally the rest of the arena joining in a little bit. He is the one that does the loud stomping for Defense chants and is just generally very active and does as much as one person can do to improve the atmosphere.
yea Ginja Ninja's biological son Matty Ice leads the way. If only we could clone him to make more passionate GM members and fans.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Whoever is producing the video for the scoreboard, keep showing the beer chugging. That needs to be a thing.
It's free advertisement for the fact that they sell beer now! Has to be a free way for them to increase beer sales. Everyone wants to see themselves chug on a jumbotron. Trust me. I really hope we make that a thing, it's fun, and it gets people cheering.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
New segment: Chug your beer Mason Fans!

Love it.

Never thought I'd see the day where "beer" and "mason basketball" would be actually used together without saying how bad the team was or complaining beer should be allowed.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure the athletic department is fielding calls from concerned fans *cough* swim mom *cough* this morning about the dangers of binge drinking and effects of showing it on the scoreboard might have on our impressionable students.

It will be banned before tomorrow.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I will be at Homecoming this year (not at all intoxicated....), and plan to go over to the student section to get them standing up and cheering. Small group of us might plant ourselves within the section for a few minutes to show them how it should be done. F*** vcu.

But agreed with some of the earlier posts. There are a few low lift things the AD can do to encourage students/fans to stand, cheer etc. throughout the game. "Defense" / "Stand up" etc. graphics on the video board being the lowest hanging fruit.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The student section was great last night in the second half. I give credit to the Patriot Club admin that used signs via Gunston to get them to stand.

Then, my family's absolutely favorite Green Machine band member, Matty Ice, came over the student section and convinced them to do the George/Mason chant with the Green Machine on the other side, and finally the rest of the arena joining in a little bit. He is the one that does the loud stomping for Defense chants and is just generally very active and does as much as one person can do to improve the atmosphere.

Beautiful. Sign Matty Ice to a 10 year contract! Lock him up PC Admin!

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm sure the athletic department is fielding calls from concerned fans *cough* swim mom *cough* this morning about the dangers of binge drinking and effects of showing it on the scoreboard might have on our impressionable students.

It will be banned before tomorrow.

But Jay Marsh is no longer on patrol. His tour of duty is over so this may slide by. Slim chance but saying there could be a chance here.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
When Kim was hired last year he was asked what song he would like during pregame/intros. I believe he said ACDC's Thunderstruck. Is that ever played before/during the game?
Thunderstruck would be awesome. Enter the Sandman is great, but too many places use that already.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

https://bbride.smugmug.com/Sports/B...-21-George-Mason-MBB-vs-Stony-Brook/i-8rx57dC