Improve Mason home game experience discussion

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Free chocolate bars for students tomorrow night. “Rock with us” chocolate bars

No idea why chocolate bars were chosen but probably some fairfax local business decided to donate bunch of them. It’s different to say the least. Hopefully the team puts on a good performance.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No, "Matty Ice" (the name on the back of his jersey) had yellow hair. He is usually near the top of the band. Upper left near the center of the bleachers where he can stomp on the stands effectively.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep an eye open for him

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Had a chance to take in the full "Lights Out" intro video tonight and totally agree it misses the mark some. Too long and the music/song (J. Cole) is just not uplifting music and brings no hype or enthusiasm to the start of the game. Majority of the fans were just standing and golf clapping during it.

Good highlights and video but needs to be cut in half and better hype music. Learfield or whomever from Mason who put it together needs to do a better job.... especially if we are paying an outside consulting company to put that together.

The students were in a coma until the 2nd half. Doc Nix and KE actually came over to the student section to get them up and cheering and it worked. They were loud and cheering 2nd half and got the old George Mason cheer going again. Seems there needs to be someone monitoring the student section and just work on getting them up and cheering all game. Should not be the responsibility of the head coach each game. Cmon Mason. Jesus
Agreed! That "lights out" intro video was painful to sit through. My SJU friends called it "embarrassing." (It was.)

The players do not appear to care for it, either. They were barely responding. Hopefully they change things up tonight.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed! That "lights out" intro video was painful to sit through. My SJU friends called it "embarrassing." (It was.)

The players do not appear to care for it, either. They were barely responding. Hopefully they change things up tonight.

Why not start with the elite 8 call “By George, the dream is alive!” lights cut out, guitar lick comes on from Thunderstruck. Get the students/band in on it stomping on the bleachers for the drums and yelling “Thunder!” Lights go wild. Hype video is a series of dunks, blocks, and kickout 3s timed to each “Thunder.” End when the first chorus comes on (about 1:10 into the song).

I’d get hyped if you could get a big crowd all doing it.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Sadly, they probably won't change it until next year. These types of videos take hours and hours to loop in and put together. If its done by our media team or AD then they have other top priorities than a 3-4 minute intro video.

The AD should seriously put together a Focus Group of long standing season ticket holders (who have seen games in the Coach L, Hewitt, DP eras), ex-athletes, sport consultants, etc. to give their take on how to enhance the overall fan experience. Intro video being one of the many things for feedback on.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why not ask the players what they want?

I asked Folarin Campbell about this last game, he said the players are not involved. He didn't know who created it but stated the players didn't have a say. Agree... getting feedback from players is key but what's popular now is the mumble rap. Thats a hard no

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Mike Morrison helped pick out our jerseys once.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sadly, they probably won't change it until next year. These types of videos take hours and hours to loop in and put together. If its done by our media team or AD then they have other top priorities than a 3-4 minute intro video.

The AD should seriously put together a Focus Group of long standing season ticket holders (who have seen games in the Coach L, Hewitt, DP eras), ex-athletes, sport consultants, etc. to give their take on how to enhance the overall fan experience. Intro video being one of the many things for feedback on.
They have had surveys several times in the past few years about just about everything. I have to think that many of the improvements we've seen were due to comments that were provided.