Ian Boyd Beard Appeciation Society

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My Boyd! Kid is a man child. He might even be the glue guy to this team. I hope he can convince Grayer to stay bc we might be reeeeeallly good with him returning next year.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Nobody has benefited more from the practice gym than Ian. Whether I was stopping by campus over the summer or going to volleyball games, he seems to be there putting up shots and working on his game every time I've been by the RAC. Happy to see his hard work paying off.

smccart5

Starter
6th man of the year! He brings a much needed toughness to this team. He is becoming the player I hoped he would be when he arrived. I think he's going to continue to get better since he's only been dedicated to hoops for a couple years.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't high on Ian after his freshman year because I thought he took to many shots - specifically mid range type shots without looking to move the ball.

I don't see that as an issue at all anymore. He is playing very well. So nice to have a guy coming off the bench like him - very consistent.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
6th man of the year! He brings a much needed toughness to this team. He is becoming the player I hoped he would be when he arrived. I think he's going to continue to get better since he's only been dedicated to hoops for a couple years.

Not to derail the thread but I was thinking about this last night, Boyd is one of the most talented 6 man I've seen at Mason ever, not just this year. Can anyone recall a 6th man who has had the impact that Boyd has had so far (multiple game winners, great defense, playing the 2-4 spots at different points in his career).

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Crazy how deep this squad is considering Paulson can't recruit at the A-10 level. Hmmmmn...
Davidson will be the real test. If Mason can hang with Davidson, I will bow down and admit I was wrong.