How do we capture the casual fans back if we can't execute in the big spotlight moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An aquainteance I know from my years at GMU currently lives in Philly. He would tell me "Mason stinks" at basketball or "why bother following". He follows the Phillies and Flyers a lot more.

After we beat LaSalle? I got him interested to a degree.

After the vcu loss? He texts me "They couldn't even beat vcu at home"

Today at 2:41 he texts me "I just turned the Mason game off. they are so so bad"

So I make the effort to try to recruit a fan/get someone back into the program and our performance just hardens the perception of GMU Men's Basketball in his mind which will make it even harder to try to get him to watch again.

How the hell are we supposed to get casual fans interested if this program continues to shrink in the big moment?

very very frustrating

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
An aquainteance I know from my years at GMU currently lives in Philly. He would tell me "Mason stinks" at basketball or "why bother following". He follows the Phillies and Flyers a lot more.

After we beat LaSalle? I got him interested to a degree.

After the vcu loss? He texts me "They couldn't even beat vcu at home"

Today at 2:41 he texts me "I just turned the Mason game off. they are so so bad"

So I make the effort to try to recruit a fan/get someone back into the program and our performance just hardens the perception of GMU Men's Basketball in his mind which will make it even harder to try to get him to watch again.

How the hell are we supposed to get casual fans interested if this program continues to shrink in the big moment?

very very frustrating
Why in the world would you follow the Flyers then if that's your attitude? Also, I'm sure he was a "hardcore" Phillies fan from 2014 - 2018.....Those fans are so full of crap. I went to the stadium in 2016 and it was a ghost town. Front runners just like the large majority of sports fans.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching the Saint Joe’s versus LaSalle game Saint Joe’s is starting out the same way GW did

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe tell him to tune in earlier in the season. Now it seems we are crashing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Highlight games on the schedule that are sub 300 as key games to our success for the season.

OP

2011WinOverVillanova

Role Player
Highlight games on the schedule that are sub 300 as key games to our success for the season.
I don’t see the Athletic office working with the regional alumni clubs to grow our fan base. Do you? They should be doing big steps like that and you shouldn’t be poo-pooing whatever actions I do to try to get people to care about a program that still wheels out the dusty 2006 final 4 banner and hasn’t done anything in over a decade.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t see the Athletic office working with the regional alumni clubs to grow our fan base. Do you? They should be doing big steps like that and you shouldn’t be poo-pooing whatever actions I do to try to get people to care about a program that still wheels out the dusty 2006 final 4 banner and hasn’t done anything in over a decade.
Product on the court needs to improve. We can beat that drum all day. Case closed.

Closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.