Hate ....

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I HATE the culture at our games. Tonight, a friend of mine stood to yell at an official that blew an obvious call. No profanity, no insults, nothing that was inappropriate in any way. An usher immediately ran down to "correct" his behavior and told him to sit down. Can't cheer or complain at EBA. I made a point out of talking to Folarin Campbell at the half in the Gold Room. He was shocked to hear the story. Will anything good come of this? I hate to say, but no. The spirit of Brillo will no doubt live on.

The spirit of the Jay Marsh "No Fun Police" lives on at EBA.

I hate that I saw Andy Ruge at EBA tonight. He's the jerk that called me at work to tell me that I needed to "Tone it Down," because I was actually cheering too loud. Again, no profanity. Tired of this crap!

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I HATE the culture at our games. Tonight, a friend of mine stood to yell at an official that blew an obvious call. My friend stood and yelled at the official. No profanity, no insults, nothing that was inappropriate in any way. An usher immediately ran down to "correct" his behavior and told him to sit down. Can't cheer or complain at EBA. I made a point out of talking to Folarin Campbell at the half in the Gold Room. He was shocked to hear the story. Will anything good come of this? I hate to say but no. The spirit of Brillo will no doubt live on.

I hate that I saw Andy Ruge at EBA tonight. He's the jerk that called me at work to tell me that I needed to "Tone it Down," because I was actually cheering too loud. Again, no profanity. Tired of this crap!
Come on home, the ushers don’t dare come down the aisle in 115, they would catch 10 rounds of hell before they made it to scold you.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that the GW students stood the entire game, in our own student section no less, and only 5 Mason fans stood behind them
I hate that this was allowed to happen in the first place. We need to get some policies in place that prevent this type of thing from every happening again. I hate that I have to give their fanbase partial credit for their win tonight.

I HATE the culture at our games. Tonight, a friend of mine stood to yell at an official that blew an obvious call. No profanity, no insults, nothing that was inappropriate in any way. An usher immediately ran down to "correct" his behavior and told him to sit down. Can't cheer or complain at EBA. I made a point out of talking to Folarin Campbell at the half in the Gold Room. He was shocked to hear the story. Will anything good come of this? I hate to say, but no. The spirit of Brillo will no doubt live on.

I hate that I had similar sentiments after the game tonight. Our fanbase is so tame and so unorganized. Me and a about 3 other guys in my area are the primary hecklers. We don't get talked to by the staff, but we do get other fans telling us to stop. I hate the atmosphere, or lack there of, we create at games.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate that our fans want to mobilize against 12 drunk chanting GW fans sitting in certain seats but any negative reactions towards individual 23 year olds that are getting paid to play basketball is off limits due to them having a tough class schedule, breakup or mom got double teamed in the gold room. I wish we had ballsy students (or fans in general because ours are 99% old, disinterested and completely oblivious to the game of basketball) would go sit in another teams student section. Our fan base gets softer every day it seems.

I hate that no matter who Ronny covered during a 6 min time period GW schemed to get his man the ball and they scored with ease

I hate that dean and Brown who are much worse than Oduro treated him like a toddler in the first half and he only started playing well when the refs called fouls on GW bigs every time he touched the ball

I hate that Cooper shows less bball IQ every game down the stretch

I hate we can’t scheme better for Bailey like we do for Cooper for three pointers

I hate that Malik got pulled for absolutely no reason most of the second half

I hate that our two freshman and Malik seem to be the only three that have any cojones consistently. I can’t wait until this is Fernandez’s team because he just wants it more than our seniors.

And lastly I hate that we have 1 3/4 good defenders while Ticket is injured

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that anyone clamoring for GW level of fan support doesn’t realize that during the 2021-2022 season they averaged just over 1k attendance at their games, roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of our attendance.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that some of you will be too lazy to look this up so I’ll drop it here so you can just click a single button to see the difference in fan support for the programs.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that the GW students stood the entire game, in our own student section no less, and only 5 Mason fans stood behind them
I hate that I heard about this as well. As someone who was part of the "home court advantage" era under L this hurt me to hear. We have enough of a student section culture problem and I hope I never hear of this happening again. I hate how Mason played on the court today much more though.

I absolutely hate this because I have been behind you during games and you do nothign that crosses the line. I hope you move to sit with @tblack33 in 115 and in a safer spot soon. Was it that old man usher in 115 who checks tickets for 3 minutes like we've never been to an event before?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that our fanbase has the reading comprehension of a first grader

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that our fans want to mobilize against 12 drunk chanting GW fans sitting in certain seats but any negative reactions towards individual 23 year olds that are getting paid to play basketball is off limits due to them having a tough class schedule, breakup or mom got double teamed in the gold room. I wish we had ballsy students (or fans in general because ours are 99% old, disinterested and completely oblivious to the game of basketball) would go sit in another teams student section. Our fan base gets softer every day it seems.

I hate that no matter who Ronny covered during a 6 min time period GW schemed to get his man the ball and they scored with ease

I hate that dean and Brown who are much worse than Oduro treated him like a toddler in the first half and he only started playing well when the refs called fouls on GW bigs every time he touched the ball

I hate we can’t scheme better for Bailey like we do for Cooper for three pointers

I hate that our two freshman and Malik seem to be the only three that have any cojones consistently. I can’t wait until this is Fernandez’s team because he just wants it more than our seniors.

What he said. Apparently we agree.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I hate that I can't really argue with any of this.

I hate that Mason has apparently stopped offering scholarships to the Dancers and Cheerleaders.

I hate that I used to grouse about Mason giving scholarships to Dancers and Cheerleaders.

I hate that I have to quote Howard Stern who said "little did we know when we were busy bashing disco, that rap was right around the corner"