Hate ....

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I hate that I see “It’s Mason’s Time” on the electronic floor sign while watching the A10 championship game. How pathetic is that? Not only is it a ten year old vcu slogan, but it just sounds like we should be there because it is our turn. Almost as lame as #RockWithUs

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I hate that the Old Cuban Man is playing in the NCAA tournament with a player he stole from Mason.
I hate that this likely will be mentioned during the broadcast. And the talking heads will likely mention that George Mason has sucked since Larranaga left. They might even say English has been recruiting well but he might be headed to Mizzou.

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate that OTD in 2004 we played a home game in the NIT vs Tennessee but didn't wear our green jerseys for St Patrick's Day. When I arrived to the arena and asked why we weren't wearing green I was told it was a bad idea and keep my mouth shut. Thankfully, those folks are no longer in the athletic dept.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate that OTD in 2004 we played a home game in the NIT vs Tennessee but didn't wear our green jerseys for St Patrick's Day. When I arrived to the arena and asked why we weren't wearing green I was told it was a bad idea and keep my mouth shut. Thankfully, those folks are no longer in the athletic dept.

Sounds like someone in the AD had a bad run-in with the fae the night before…

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate how the NCAA sterilized everything about the tournament. I liked seeing the home court used. It connected viewers better to the arena, IMO. Now, all the courts look the same. Blah.

I hate some of the tv analysts calling these games. I realize Turner doesn't have any college games during the season so they don't have anyone. That, plus CBS doesnt have a ton of folks on the roster. But when I flip the channel and hear Steve Lappas and think "this is better than what I was just listening to", thats not ideal.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate the uniforms Loyola Chicago is wearing today. There is NO NEED for black trim and black numbers on a maroon uniform. Gold numbers with white trim or white numbers with gold trim and gold and white piping would look really nice. Instead, they think its 1999

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I Hate Christian Laettner was on last night and it reminded me on a few things:
-For me, he is like Larry Bird. I couldn't stand either when they were playing, but now that I'm older and have perspective, I realize they were the best-of-the-best. Laettner has 4 Final Fours, won the national title his last two years and owns the most memorable buzzer beater in NCAA history along with another that is near the top. Duke is spoiled.
-I had never heard of Angola, NY before he played for Duke
-Duke's uniforms in the late 80s-early 90s were almost perfect
-Any time you can get Ric Flair into a documentary, you do it, and this 30 for 30 did it

With an Irishman running the AD???

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Totally agree on baseball, is it time for the manager to go? We haven't been good since 2013.