Hate ....

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate the NCAA for many reasons, one of them for imposing a 4 year tournament ban on teams moving up to DI. But its the rule and has been on the books for years. So knowing that, why would the ASUN allow Bellarmine play in their postseason tournament? They beat Jacksonville in the ASUN finals, but since they can't get the bid, Jacksonville St gets the auto bid by winning the regular season title. Hate the NCAA's rule, but really hate the ASUN for making a bad situation worse.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate the NCAA for many reasons, one of them for imposing a 4 year tournament ban on teams moving up to DI. But its the rule and has been on the books for years. So knowing that, why would the ASUN allow Bellarmine play in their postseason tournament? They beat Jacksonville in the ASUN finals, but since they can't get the bid, Jacksonville St gets the auto bid by winning the regular season title. Hate the NCAA's rule, but really hate the ASUN for making a bad situation worse.
ticket sales and tv money

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I f**king hate losing to Fordham. I f**king hate losing on the Thursday of the A-10 tournament. I f**king hate losing. I hate that I have a lot of f**king hate.

I hate our band. They were so bad today. Or at least the singers were. Yikes. And I hate that ref that looked like terrel suggs if you put him in a can crusher.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that George WASHINGTON is playing in the damn Diamond Head Classic next year and not Mason.

I hate that with Mason's season over and the Nationals being terrible that I won't have anything to do once the Caps fizzle in the playoffs except go to the beach and stuff.

nynva

Preferred Walk-On
I hate that this wasn't in its own thread that I could easily find where we could talk about homecoming with out having to start with I hate.

nynva

Preferred Walk-On
I hate vcu was disrespected because we scheduled them for homecoming. We've been doing homecoming in Feb for over a decade now (more on that later), so its always going to be a conference game. Its not like in football where we can schedule a non-conference game of our choosing for homecoming. Yes, the conference knows we need a home game in Feb on a Saturday at 4pm, but we are not able to hand select the date and our opponent. If we were, why wouldn't we pick this coming weekend? Monday is a holiday and would allow more flexibility for alums who want to travel back for the game.

I hate we haven't tested a fall homecoming. Our typical schedule has been to start the first Tuesday in November and play another game on that Friday. Move the Friday game to Saturday. A lot of positives by doing this:
1. Most homecomings are in the fall. While November 13 is a bit later than schools who hold them in October, it still provides that homecoming-in-the-fall experience.
2. We had great weather on Saturday but that hasn't always been the case. The avg high temp for Fairfax in Nov is 56 degrees; its 45 degrees in Feb. That doesnt mean we don't get cold days in Nov or warm days in Feb, but odds are we get better weather in Nov.
3. Homecoming attracts fans that don't typically come to games regularly; a lot of them living in the area. But if you came on Saturday and had a good time (regardless of how bad we played), you have exactly 2 more home games this season to come back for a game. If homecoming was game in November, you'd have 13 more games this season to buy a ticket. I was never good in math, but 13 is better than 2.
4. We can pick our opponent. I won't re-hash 20 pages of the vcu game thread, but it sucked losing on homecoming.

Having it in the fall isnt perfect, but I think the pros out weigh the cons.
I hate that this wasn't attached with my previous comment.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that it took us 9 years to take being in the A10 seriously. I hate that our first year of acting like an A10 programs (dynamic and fun coach, players who could actually get minutes on other A10 teams) we had a season pretty much equal to the seasons when we didn't care.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I hate that the loss yesterday was our 100th in A10 play, tourney included.
I hate that we only have 68 wins to go with it for an overall winning percentage of .405.