GW will drop Colonials nickname

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Statesmen sounds appropriate with the proximity to the State Dept.? Unless the new name has to be asexual.

The Fighting Foggy Bottoms does have a ring to it.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The clear obvious choice should be the "GW Insurrections." Given the current events from the 1/6 DC coup along with GW leading the greatest insurrection of All-time in American history against the British monarchy.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The clear obvious choice should be the "GW Insurrections." Given the current events from the 1/6 DC coup along with GW leading the greatest insurrection of All-time in American history against the British monarchy.
That would trigger much of the same group that hates Colonials. Which is different from colonialism.

How about the GW Minutemen?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would hope that when a new name is selected, the students, faculty and alumni would be given an opportunity to vote for the new name or for keeping the Colonials moniker. (Moniker sounds odd to me but I don't know what the correct word is; should it be "team name"?)

But please, GW, don't select a boring animal team name with no actual connection to the school. I don't care for wildcats, tigers, and bears. However, I am okay with seawolves, banana slugs, and spiders.
George Washington Bureaucrats

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is a school that sends their cheerleaders out in banana costumes to dance to "peanut butter jelly time". I'd say there's a good chance that they come up with a name that has zero connection to the school.

That being said, with the propensity of that student body to partake in a little nose candy from time to time, I'm half expecting them to be the GW Hunter Bidens.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Nah--going that route the GW Super Freaks

cocaine.png