HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Terrible news. Anybody know what happened?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it’s legit, but saw this on a gofundme for his family:

“Sang was a member of the 2021 George Mason Baseball team. After battling through injuries throughout the season, Sang required Tommy John surgery. He suddenly passed away due to complications with his surgery. As a team, we are all mourning his passing. We are asking for donations in order to support Sang's family through this difficult time. Any and all donations are appreciated, and the Baek family will receive all of the proceeds.”

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not sure if it’s legit, but saw this on a gofundme for his family:

“Sang was a member of the 2021 George Mason Baseball team. After battling through injuries throughout the season, Sang required Tommy John surgery. He suddenly passed away due to complications with his surgery. As a team, we are all mourning his passing. We are asking for donations in order to support Sang's family through this difficult time. Any and all donations are appreciated, and the Baek family will receive all of the proceeds.”

WOW that has to be super rare off of a TJ surgery. So sad

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Sang Ho Baek, 20, of Salisbury, passed away suddenly from complications of a surgery on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at Tidal Health Peninsula in Salisbury, Maryland."

"In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to Holloway Funeral Home to help the family for the funeral and medical expenses."

He15man

Starter
My wife is an orthopedic surgery PA, so she's been in her fair share of operations over the past 20 years... Tommy John surgeries, as well, ironically enough. As such, you'd think she'd be pretty quick to recognize a "routine" operation for what it is and push any fear aside. But I'll tell you, it is the COMPLETE opposite. For someone that's been in literally thousands of surgeries, she absolutely hates the idea of surgery when it comes to herself and her loved ones. It has nothing really to do with the surgeons either. It's the anesthesia that terrifies her. She's seen first time surgical patients get the same anesthesia drug and dosage as every other patient, but instead of going to sleep like 90% of the population, the patient will immediately crash. Or even if the patient has had surgery before, and gotten through it successfully, this one time is when their body just didn't play well with the anesthesia used. Simply put, that stuff can be no joke and there's no telling how your body will react to it. I don't know Sang's medical history obviously, but part of me wonders if this wasn't so much a "surgery mishap," as it was an anesthesia reaction.

Could have even been a blood clot or really bad post-surgery infection. Rare stuff... but it still happens....

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dang, some amazing angelic superhero donated $25K yesterday. It takes a special person to donate that type of money while staying anonymous.

1624545039557.png