GMU Players Drafted by the NBA

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In the new world of the portal, I think it is going to become common that a player will have multiple schools he attended listed when drafted.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In the new world of the portal, I think it is going to become common that a player will have multiple schools he attended listed when drafted.

Only Miami is listed by his name on NBA.com. Do other outlets list George Mason?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kolek runs the pick and roll better than any PG in college basketball.

If Ryan Arcidiacono can make an NBA team, Kolek has a shot.
Fair point. Guess I just see guys like Arcidiacano as typical “one specific role” players in the NBA, and strangely enough Kolek hasn’t shot the 3 well enough against high-level competition to think he can be successful as a floor-spacer off the bench.

Also, skeptical of whether the craftiness that works against college players would play up against NBA defenses — which is the same knock against Timme. Guess we’ll see.

ephoops

Starter
Fair point. Guess I just see guys like Arcidiacano as typical “one specific role” players in the NBA, and strangely enough Kolek hasn’t shot the 3 well enough against high-level competition to think he can be successful as a floor-spacer off the bench.

Also, skeptical of whether the craftiness that works against college players would play up against NBA defenses — which is the same knock against Timme. Guess we’ll see.

T.J. McConnell comes to mind as another "comp" to Kolek.

McConnell is a career 34% shooter on 3's. He's averaged 5 assists/game while playing 22 minutes/game over his 8-year career.

Tre Jones is another PG that you can compare to Kolek. Jones was a full time starter this year for the Spurs (his 3rd year in the league). His 3-pt shooting % was 27% with 6.6 assists/game. Granted, the Spurs were the worst team in the NBA this year.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
T.J. McConnell comes to mind as another "comp" to Kolek.

McConnell is a career 34% shooter on 3's. He's averaged 5 assists/game while playing 22 minutes/game over his 8-year career.

Tre Jones is another PG that you can compare to Kolek. Jones was a full time starter this year for the Spurs (his 3rd year in the league). His 3-pt shooting % was 27% with 6.6 assists/game. Granted, the Spurs were the worst team in the NBA this year.

Kolek shot 40% on 6.7 attempts per game. He struggled last year, but that’s pretty solid on high volume. We will see how he shots as a senior.