GMU Players Drafted by the NBA

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
From Wikipedia
George Mason has sent 3 players to the NBA since 1979. Those being Rob Rose, Ricky Wilson, and Jason Miskiri.

1) Does anyone have or know of a more complete list?
2) Including those players who have transferred out? Luke Hancock and hopefully Jordan Miller and ??
3) Prior to 1979?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
From Wikipedia
George Mason has sent 3 players to the NBA since 1979. Those being Rob Rose, Ricky Wilson, and Jason Miskiri.

1) Does anyone have or know of a more complete list?
2) Including those players who have transferred out? Luke Hancock and hopefully Jordan Miller and ??
3) Prior to 1979?
Andre Gaddy.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I saw that Rob Rose was also not drafted

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I saw that Rob Rose was also not drafted

Neither was Miskiri.

Seems like only Gaddy, Wilson, and now Miller were drafted.

Think Oduro has an outside shot but he’s got a lot to prove this upcoming season in the Big East. If he shows out that’s what a 2nd round pick is for.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also worth noting that Carlos Yates was drafted #4 overall by the CBA's Florida Suncoast Stingers in 1985.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Think Oduro has an outside shot but he’s got a lot to prove this upcoming season in the Big East. If he shows out that’s what a 2nd round pick is for.

Ironically, he'll need to show that he has an outside shot, because he'll get destroyed in the paint otherwise.

Masonfan3

Starter
Ironically, he'll need to show that he has an outside shot, because he'll get destroyed in the paint otherwise.
Agree. I love JO but unless he improves his athleticism and outside shot drastically, he has about a 0% chance of making it to the league. JO is an outstanding college player but is significantly lacking in some of the areas it takes to make it to the next level. He will however make a ton of money overseas

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree. I love JO but unless he improves his athleticism and outside shot drastically, he has about a 0% chance of making it to the league. JO is an outstanding college player but is significantly lacking in some of the areas it takes to make it to the next level. He will however make a ton of money overseas
I agree. He is not an NBA player, unless he improves his shooting and ball handling. But you never know. I wish him all the best.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Jordan Miller . . . Once a redshirted member of the roster goes on to be the only former Mason player to be drafted in current format of two rounds.

Was he the last Mason player to at least start the season on a redshirt? I can't think of anyone since, but I could be wrong.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jordan Miller . . . Once a redshirted member of the roster goes on to be the only former Mason player to be drafted in current format of two rounds.

Was he the last Mason player to at least start the season on a redshirt? I can't think of anyone since, but I could be wrong.
Technically Justyn Fernandez redshirted after joining the roster in January 2022.

But to start the season? You may be correct.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I remember when Andre came on board. I thought it was so cool that we got a recruit from Brooklyn. Pretty much everybody else seemed to be from 5 miles away.
Andre was a beast. I remember walking into a game and some guy went up and tried to dunk, Andre just swatted it away. The ball came right to me and as I threw it back Andre said to the opponent, "Get that weak shit out of here." Dikembe before there was a Dikembe. Gaddy and Myron Contee remain two of my favorite Mason players.

The first time I ever recall seeing Mason on TV was when we played Virginia with Andre vs Ralph Sampson. Oh how times have changed. Great memories.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Andre was a beast. I remember walking into a game and some guy went up and tried to dunk, Andre just swatted it away. The ball came right to me and as I threw it back Andre said to the opponent, "Get that weak shit out of here." Dikembe before there was a Dikembe. Gaddy and Myron Contee remain two of my favorite Mason players.

The first time I ever recall seeing Mason on TV was when we played Virginia with Andre vs Ralph Sampson. Oh how times have changed. Great memories.
Andre and Myron. Yes!!