GMU Athletic Department

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I doubt it. I don't think the coaches have too much insight into these things beyond offering the scholarship in the first place, then they turn the details over to the school financial bureaucrats.

From what I've heard, it sounds like just plain laziness on those bureaucrats to add up and verify the numbers, and those who sign off on those numbers, against what is 'legal' according to the NCAA.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So, whatever became of this? What victories did Geo. Mason men's basketball vacate?
I didn't ever see it posted, and I just came across the answer accidentally while looking at data from our media guide.

It appears that we vacated 9 wins from the first half of the 2016-2017 season. Not that it matters at this point, but does that make Paulsen's record that much worse that it already was?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I didn't ever see it posted, and I just came across the answer accidentally while looking at data from our media guide.

It appears that we vacated 9 wins from the first half of the 2016-2017 season. Not that it matters at this point, but does that make Paulsen's record that much worse that it already was?
So you mean those buy game wins against Norfolk State or Mount Saint Mary's counted?

Oh wait...