Giving Day 2021

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, I know that, and I didn't mean to make it sound as bad as it came out, it's just that it SEEMS like if you're not counted as one of the hundreds who gave to GD, shame on you. But yeah, I'm good.
Just a get it off my chest rant.

All good man. Its just how the specific fundraising drive works for Giving Day. Same thing goes for the "Be a Patriot" campaign they ran.

Older than dirt

Four-star Recruit
I have been reading Masonhoops for years and it has provided me with many hours of entertainment. But reading this thread has proven to me that ALL YOU GREAT SUPPORTERS OF MASON ATHLETICS, are not supporters at all. Most don't know how to give, how the money is used or who to contact. You all use this site to bitch like LITTLE BASEMENT TROLLS from your MOMMY 'S house. In addition the comments about former athletes giving back, Men's Basketball is lower in participants and cash. They seem to forget who paid for their time at Mason and all those nice overseas trips paid by donors. Enough said now you can trash me from your MOMMY'S basement.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have been reading Masonhoops for years and it has provided me with many hours of entertainment. But reading this thread has proven to me that ALL YOU GREAT SUPPORTERS OF MASON ATHLETICS, are not supporters at all. Most don't know how to give, how the money is used or who to contact. You all use this site to bitch like LITTLE BASEMENT TROLLS from your MOMMY 'S house. In addition the comments about former athletes giving back, Men's Basketball is lower in participants and cash. They seem to forget who paid for their time at Mason and all those nice overseas trips paid by donors. Enough said now you can trash me from your MOMMY'S basement.
Actually, it's a very nice basement.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You pretty much contradicted yourself. If you have really been reading as much as you say you have, you would have noticed that the ones asking questions about how donations work are the people that have recently joined or recently rejoined from a long absence.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

What a great first post. Welcome to the forums as a poster. I always enjoy new posters and if they contribute comments like this, we know that you'll have many more insightful comments to come.

Or is it welcome back. Are you @Jack Strop under another alias?

If so, then a very special welcome back!

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Talkin' out of turn ... That's a paddlin'
Creating an account to criticize when I myself live in my mom's basement and probably haven't contributed shit. - That's a paddlin'
Talkin bad about the paddle .... That's a paddlin'

1618072373907.png

Older than dirt

Four-star Recruit
Gmubrian, as "the Yoda" of Mason supporters you should have reached out to these new posters and helped them. Since you have been posting probably the longest. Plus the new generation is quite apt using their systems to find the information needed. Old guys like you and me would contact either the athletic team or the Patriot Club. No excuse

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Gmubrian, as "the Yoda" of Mason supporters you should have reached out to these new posters and helped them. Since you have been posting probably the longest. Plus the new generation is quite apt using their systems to find the information needed. Old guys like you and me would contact either the athletic team or the Patriot Club. No excuse
I’ve been disconnected from Mason for many years. I doubt I have any connections left in the AD that would even recognize my name. If they do they might not let me back in the arena after some of the things I have posted on here the last couple years. ;-) . I looked up the donation site from the Web like anyone else and was pleasantly surprised it was much improved sine the last time I had used it.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Pretty simple formula to me: Put something worth investing in on the court, and I'll donate. Donated when Mason joined the A-10, donated towards the practice facility, donated to the hiring of Coach English.

And I'll continue to donate as long as it's exciting. I'm not asking them to make the tourney in year one, but I don't see why they cannot be a perennial top-4 team in the A10. That's a NCAA tourney bid in a good year, and a NIT visit in a down year. And that's not asking for much.