Giving Day 2021

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The Patriot Club is basically the fundraising arm for all of Mason sports. All of the facility upgrades, all of the private money that a sport gets usually gets facilitated through them. If you want more specifics let me know, or take a look at their website. :)

I had a little bit of bad luck with it too. I think it was more Ticketmaster than MAson though because that is who manages the ticket portal. If you go here, https://am.ticketmaster.com/gmu/2122MBBDEP#/ add the tickets you want and follow the prompts you should be good to go. That said I of course tried it and got an error so I suspect something is down with Ticketmaster.

If you get very impatient call Taylor Bosket at (703) 993-4112 and he will help you out.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys- tomorrow is Mason Giving Day. Make sure you throw whatever you can into the friend's of Men's Basketball bucket. Can be $5 even.

Apparently Men's Basketball has already raised almost 10k (9869) crushing the goals set. Lets try to bump this up even more!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys- tomorrow is Mason Giving Day. Make sure you throw whatever you can into the friend's of Men's Basketball bucket. Can be $5 even.

Apparently Men's Basketball has already raised almost 10k (9869) crushing the goals set. Lets try to bump this up even more!
Glad to hear a number has been tossed out there, expect this will go up a lot this year as ticket sale full donations to the patriot club come in. Here’s to hoping we can get an unrestricted full EBA this fall.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does it count if you already gave? I gave the day KE was hired.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So Mason Wrestling set a goal of 150 donors and already has raised twice as much as men’s basketball, with two donors planning to match if they can get to $25,000 total. They were over $21,000 the last time I checked.

Basketball has a goal of 75 donors.

At a school that has 30,000 undergrads and confers thousands of degrees every year.

SMDH

When your wrestling program is that far ahead of basketball in terms of fundraising, there is a lot of work to do, folks.

Even if everyone kicked in $10 today it would make a huge difference.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So Mason Wrestling set a goal of 150 donors and already has raised twice as much as men’s basketball, with two donors planning to match if they can get to $25,000 total. They were over $21,000 the last time I checked.

At a school that has 30,000 undergrads and confers thousands of degrees every year.

SMDH

When your wrestling program is that far ahead of basketball in terms of fundraising, there is a lot of work to do, folks.

I get it, but I gave a substantial amount (for me, anyway), last week. It may not "count" for today's total, but BE said the other day that they had already seen a huge jump in donations. Maybe others are like me and already gave.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
The Mason wrestling alum have a lot of pride in the program and most who leave give back. It's actually pretty cool to see and they always kick a** at these things because they know their sport is the easiest to cut if cuts are ever going to happen.

I don't look at it as a negative as much as I say good for those guys... I mean, how many of our former basketball players do you think give back? My guess is nowhere near the percentage of wrestlers.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

SMDH

The number of donors as a "goal" also goes up as each is achieved as well. I think the initial goal for every sport is like 10 or 20 donors. Regardless, basketball is almost at 12k today which is a nice number in addition to the other money that has come in the last few weeks.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I get it, but I gave a substantial amount (for me, anyway), last week. It may not "count" for today's total, but BE said the other day that they had already seen a huge jump in donations. Maybe others are like me and already gave.

I threw a couple bucks in when KE got hired and I'm pretty sure I used the giving day link, but on the confirmation email it doesn't really say anything about giving day, so I don't know if it counted towards today's goals or not. I might just throw another small donation just to make sure the donor numbers get added... even though I said I would never donate to the program ever again until I got some sort or apology from Dawn Hicks... which never happened.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The Mason wrestling alum have a lot of pride in the program and most who leave give back. It's actually pretty cool to see and they always kick a** at these things because they know their sport is the easiest to cut if cuts are ever going to happen.

I don't look at it as a negative as much as I say good for those guys... I mean, how many of our former basketball players do you think give back? My guess is nowhere near the percentage of wrestlers.
I definitely didn’t mean it as a negative toward the wrestlers. Good on them for being so active in giving back. More to suggest it’s pretty embarrassing for a university of Mason’s size to have a goal of 75 donors for its flagship program.