Giving Day 2021

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know all of us are super psyched right now about the hiring of Kim English. Many of us have donated already.

On Thursday April 8th, GMU will be having its annual Giving Day, and yes, there will be an athletics portion. This information should come out in the next week or so, and I will update this thread when it becomes available.

It appears that there aren't any specific projects at this point but they do have lofty goals for each sport. Men's basketball is doing well already.

-Matt

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Did anyone else get a pair of Mason branded socks in the mail to advertise this?

I didn't, but I haven't gotten anything from the Patriot Club in a while other than when I participated in the "Be a Patriot Campaign" which was like a sticker and webcam monitor.

I don't need anymore stuff though because my wife would go insane, so its probably a good thing, haha.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I didn't, but I haven't gotten anything from the Patriot Club in a while other than when I participated in the "Be a Patriot Campaign" which was like a sticker and webcam monitor.

I don't need anymore stuff though because my wife would go insane, so its probably a good thing, haha.

Whenever the wife guilt trips me about buying more Mason stuff, I just go, "But Mason is where I met you and I want to constantly remember that and bring back all the memories." It Always works!!!!

Last edited:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Whenever the wife guilt trips me about buying more Mason stuff, I just go, "Must Mason is where I met you and I want to constantly remember that and bring back all the memories." It Always works!!!!

That's a great one although I doubt it'll work with the 8 month pregnant lady, lol!!

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Actually I did get the care package today when I went to look at the mail. The socks actually fit me even though I'm a size 13. Cool package to promote giving day. Only for those who have donated consecutively.

Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The only thing that works with 8-month pregnant ladies is sitting very still and speaking only when spoken to
I found that leaving town to go to Mason basketball road and tournament games helps (you, not her). On an unrelated note, I lost the husband and father of the year award when I left my pregnant wife home alone with a 1 year old todler while she had pneumonia in March/April of 2006. I can't remember what that was for, but, If I recall correctly, I traveled to Richmond, Dayton and Indianapolis.

Last edited:

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I found that leaving town to go to Mason basketball road and tournament games helps (you, not her). On an unrelated note, I lost the husband and father of the year award when I left my pregnant wife home alone with a 1 year old todler while she had pneumonia in March/April of 2006. If I recall correctly, I traveled to Richmond, Dayton and Indianapolis.

You’re a legend. I had tickets to go to my favorite player, Bernie Williams’ Jersey retirement at Yankee Stadium and sold them at a loss bc I felt bad having to make my wife having to travel to NYC while 7 months pregnant.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I found that leaving town to go to Mason basketball road and tournament games helps (you, not her). On an unrelated note, I lost the husband and father of the year award when I left my pregnant wife home alone with a 1 year old todler while she had pneumonia in March/April of 2006. I can't remember what that was for, but, If I recall correctly, I traveled to Richmond, Dayton and Indianapolis.

So do you sleep in the garage or the basement?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Ahhh yes... must of been you and GMUTom's annual inspection trip to Dayton to inspect some deserted, downtown place I saw you coming out of at Midnight one night. Believe you all warned us not to go in that establishment. Saved my wallet and eye sight for sure. :)

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I suggest we all put our put our money where our respective mouths are after the school made a commitment to improving the men's basketball program. I realize everybody's ability to donate is different, so it doesn't matter if it's $10 or $10,000. Every little bit helps. I made a donation today toward the men's team, and I will also be adding another Patriot Club pass this coming season in addition to my regular donation and four season tickets.

Better days are ahead, folks! Go, Mason!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I suggest we all put our put our money where our respective mouths are after the school made a commitment to improving the men's basketball program. I realize everybody's ability to donate is different, so it doesn't matter if it's $10 or $10,000. Every little bit helps. I made a donation today toward the men's team, and I will also be adding another Patriot Club pass this coming season in addition to my regular donation and four season tickets.

I agree. I gave the day English was hired.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Was hoping to see a more specific thing to donate to (Phase II of the practice facility, for example), but I will be sending my second donation to friends of men’s basketball soon.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

ive said this for years. Doesn’t matter how much but every buck counts.

Was hoping to see a more specific thing to donate to (Phase II of the practice facility, for example), but I will be sending my second donation to friends of men’s basketball soon.

The target this year is really the scholarship money for sports since they lose revenue due to covid. The facility stuff is on hold for the moment. I too thought they’d have like a video with a facility drawing saying “make it happen”, but they aren’t doing capital projects this go round.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Since I'm new to giving to Mason sports (though not to Mason in general), what is the purpose of the Patriot Club? My donation last week was specifically to Men's Bball. I'll donate again if it will help with scholarships.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone know how to put a deposit down on tickets? Only Mason would make it so difficult. I have called the 703-993-3270 number, no one answers, and i am on my mason account and cannot find it. help

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Does anyone know how to put a deposit down on tickets? Only Mason would make it so difficult. I have called the 703-993-3270 number, no one answers, and i am on my mason account and cannot find it. help
To piggy back off this, I live out of town, but I think I could get back enough during the year to make the 10 ticket voucher pack work. No clue if I just need to put down a deposit on one "ticket", or what that looks like.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Since I'm new to giving to Mason sports (though not to Mason in general), what is the purpose of the Patriot Club? My donation last week was specifically to Men's Bball. I'll donate again if it will help with scholarships.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The Patriot Club is basically the fundraising arm for all of Mason sports. All of the facility upgrades, all of the private money that a sport gets usually gets facilitated through them. If you want more specifics let me know, or take a look at their website. :)

I had a little bit of bad luck with it too. I think it was more Ticketmaster than MAson though because that is who manages the ticket portal. If you go here, https://am.ticketmaster.com/gmu/2122MBBDEP#/ add the tickets you want and follow the prompts you should be good to go. That said I of course tried it and got an error so I suspect something is down with Ticketmaster.

If you get very impatient call Taylor Bosket at (703) 993-4112 and he will help you out.