Giant Killer Updates

Dawgs99

Starter
I blame him for picking up fouls bc he was too young and raw to know how to play. If anything was unjust it was AJ letting us down by not staying out of foul trouble, getting burned on defense many times. However, after one game, he looks like he figured it out. But to say he was unjustly treatd is bullshit.

Agreed....sleeperpick has an unhealthy man crush on AJ. Puts all the blame on his lack of production on DP. Sounds like one of my students parents who blame me for them failing 9th grade PE!

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I blame him for picking up fouls bc he was too young and raw to know how to play. If anything was unjust it was AJ letting us down by not staying out of foul trouble, getting burned on defense many times. However, after one game, he looks like he figured it out. But to say he was unjustly treatd is bullshit.
oh he wasn't an all star the past two years but if you are in the camp that you didn't want someone who was such an athlete running around making dumb mistakes over a 6 foot 8 aloof who couldn't jump, play defense or run than that is on you.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you coached this team last 2.5 years, AJ would of fouled out in first 5 min.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
AJ is a well-spoken young man with a good head on his shoulders. I believe the post-game press conference was AJ's first. He had some good comments regarding "Team first" and maturity. AJ has worked hard this summer and fall and it shows.

Players know what being on a team is all about. Players know that there are skills to develop, performance measures to attain, and general goals to meet in order to EARN playing time. They've heard this stuff since middle school, if not earlier! Certainly none of Mason's current players were four-year starters in HS, and CERTAINLY not at Mason. With that level of understanding, I don't think AJ feels "mistreated."

ephoops

Starter
AJ is a well-spoken young man with a good head on his shoulders. I believe the post-game press conference was AJ's first. He had some good comments regarding "Team first" and maturity. AJ has worked hard this summer and fall and it shows.

Players know what being on a team is all about. Players know that there are skills to develop, performance measures to attain, and general goals to meet in order to EARN playing time. They've heard this stuff since middle school, if not earlier! Certainly none of Mason's current players were four-year starters in HS, and CERTAINLY not at Mason. With that level of understanding, I don't think AJ feels "mistreated."

Excellent post.

according to Masonmom that was talking to a number of posters pre-game, she said AJ's problem was that he was listening to his parent's too much rather than listening to the Coach. He finally bought into what Coach wants to do.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Long island game highlights and interviews I shot for GK.
View: https://youtu.be/e-osi5upXvg

This is the 4th video I've done for/with GK and By George. I've been posting on these boards and a season ticket holder for a little while now. It's been a pretty interesting experience to cross over to the media side and get "behind the curtains".

I've been super impressed with how the GK team has grown. The level of effort they put into this is high. Every person does this on the side and for free. The content they have developed and relationships they have built with Mason is amazing. I imagine if this board supports them more the limit of what they can achieve is boundless.

We all want to be a big time program, like what vcu has grown to. It starts with fans, supporters and groups like GK. Money is always great but also follows, likes and shares of GK content. Let's show everyone Mason Pride and what we can do.

There's still a long season ahead, I look forward to providing everyone here more content!

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If this team ever makes the tournament, be ready for a large bandwagon to come crashing into your site. Until then, keep growing the brand. It has definitely evolved for the better over the years.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
GiantKiller.co has partnered with Kondori, Moorad & Niesen LLP, a local law firm in Fairfax near the courthouse. Moorad is a Mason alum and helped kick off Gold Rush while a student. They handle real estate and estate planning etc. I’m setting up my Will with them soon, getting old...

They are sending us to the Cayman Islands to kick off the partnership and someone on our staff will travel to every away game. We gots to go to TCU and chat with Grayer. Very honored for this opportunity, we’ve been working really hard to get this.

You have to pay 30 bucks to Flohoops to watch the Cayman Classic, it sucks so we hope to bring you an inside look and content you wouldn’t otherwise get. If you have suggestions on what you’d like to see or any questions you have, let us know. We’ll have one on ones with coaches and players. We fly back Thanksgiving morning, don’t ask if my wife is happy.

Sometimes we get clowned for begging for donations, we no longer need to. LETS GOOOOO!

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Grats on the first sponsorship.

A little history to Flo, who is streaming the Caymen Classic. They’re an Austin startup and they partnered with DC United last season to stream their games and United canceled the contract before the season was over because Flo was so bad. So, consider before shelling 30 bucks just to watch these two games.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
Grats on the first sponsorship.

A little history to Flo, who is streaming the Caymen Classic. They’re an Austin startup and they partnered with DC United last season to stream their games and United canceled the contract before the season was over because Flo was so bad. So, consider before shelling 30 bucks just to watch these two games.

Appreciate you, excited to check out UMass this year. What A10 venue/area would y’all like to visit?