George Mason taking unique approach to summer training - Sporting News

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I've already heard jokes from vcu people all morning on Facebook and Twitter about "we do Navy Seal training, look at what you guys do!"

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This could actually help. How many times have we seen our bigs bobble and lose the ball after a quick dish from a PG in the paint? Answer... A LOT! There's no doubt we needed a quicker eye/hand coordination .

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I know baseball players who use this eye training. Supposedly it helps hitters become better able to pick up the spin on pitches.

Never heard about an application for basketball, but when you're trying to dig your way out of the cellar, what do you have to lose?

Oh, and I almost forgot to add: f**k vcu. That is all.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While I'm not saying this will yield to many more wins, it's nice to see Hewitt try something different. I'm fairly certain he's been referred to as stubborn and set in his ways.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This would be fun after smoking weed. Do they still allow that before games or was it just a fad when Jason Williams played here.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I haven't looked at their site, but I hope that fat POS isn't criticizing any athlete's training habits.

His idea of a workout is doing curls with a funnel cake.

He has dropped over 50 lbs in recent months, he runs nearly every day at least 4 miles.

He tweets all of this.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How long before he joins in on the seal training?

DeepValue

Starter
51-r4dXHevL.jpg

JPgmuswim

Starter
How many more years before he is considered the old fat creepy guy in the student section?
I moved down to Richmond a couple years ago from Fairfax and every vcu fan I talk to hates him.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
How many more years before he is considered the old fat creepy guy in the student section?

He's been that for some time.

But when you're obviously lacking in the self-awareness department, it's hard to realize that people are laughing at you instead of with you.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It sucks, but Mason allowed itself to be the butt of jokes by being so horribly bad at closing out games the last two years.

Only way to shut them up is to beat them.