Poll George Mason or Mason or GMU?

What name should be on the front of the basketball uniforms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeGunston12

All-American
Question for the masses - let's say jerseys became available and you could get any player on the roster, who would you get? Kind of hard with all the turnover and new faces.
Current roster is hard. Couldn't really respect grabbing a new guy's jersey yet. Would probably have to go with Oduro.

All time, there's something iconic/nostalgic for me with a Cam Long jersey.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The next time they change the mascot will be when they change the name of the school.

I vote Virginia Metropolitan University.
(I don’t want the name to change)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The next time they change the mascot will be when they change the name of the school.

I vote Virginia Metropolitan University.
(I don’t want the name to change)
I don't either, but these days, who knows?
It's happening all over the place. Colleges, churches, high schools....

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Or you could just resist the nonsense and tell the children - "No."
Let's hope our leadership has the guts to do it. Pres. Washington has already addressed it. And he doesn't seem like a shrinking violet to me.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They aren’t going to change the name of the school. Also, yes, college names change all the time. Mason has changed some of their college names recently, too.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
They aren’t going to change the name of the school. Also, yes, college names change all the time. Mason has changed some of their college names recently, too.
I don't mean colleges within universities. I mean schools like Washington and Lee. They are under tremendous pressure right now.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

He was a Virginia deligate to the secession convention and voted to seceed. He was also set up to serve in the Confederate House of Representatives but died before his term started.

A lot of people argue that the whole reason he sought the annexation of Texas was to support slavery's expansion, but I think the whole "literally attended a conference where he voted in favor of treason" is a good enough reason to not name anything after him.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He was a Virginia deligate to the secession convention and voted to seceed. He was also set up to serve in the Confederate House of Representatives but died before his term started.

A lot of people argue that the whole reason he sought the annexation of Texas was to support slavery's expansion, but I think the whole "literally attended a conference where he voted in favor of treason" is a good enough reason to not name anything after him.
Ok got it. I never heard of the man before.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Ok got it. I never heard of the man before.

One of our more forgettable presidents. Honestly he'd be a weird choice to name a school after even without all the Confederacy stuff. He took over when William Henry Harrison gave himself pneumonia and died a few weeks into office.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
One of our more forgettable presidents. Honestly he'd be a weird choice to name a school after even without all the Confederacy stuff. He took over when William Henry Harrison gave himself pneumonia and died a few weeks into office.

I consider myself pretty well read in history and I am impressed with the details sir.