News George Mason’s Anali Okoloji suspended for stepping on Anthony Collins (VIDEO)

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"George Mason’s Anali Okoloji suspended for stepping on Anthony Collins (VIDEO)" by Chris Metsala

On Thursday morning, Anali Okoloji was suspended by George Mason for conduct unbecoming of a George Mason student-athlete. It stems from an incident in Wednesday’s game against South Florida. Okoloji felt he was fouled at one end of the floor and then, after a foul was called against him, he half-stepped, half-kicked South Florida point […]

Continue reading...

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Very nice. Way to hold him accountable. Is he off the team?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can't be. Wasnt that bad. Not as bad as SkinnGate. Tony only got one game.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Can't be. Wasnt that bad. Not as bad as SkinnGate. Tony only got one game.

Are you serious? First you asked if he was dismissed from the team, and now you're complaining that the incident doesn't warrant more than a 1-game suspension? Keep in mind that the BB&T Classic is the last game of the semester. Will he still be suspended for the Diamond Head Classic?

Last edited:

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Is it a policy that a player that gets hit with a technical gets suspended by the school? In any event, I doubt it will impact the team at all. He hasn't really contributed much of anything anyway. That point is hardly debatable.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'll say it... the longer he's out the better. It's addition by subtraction. For some reason our strangely stubborn coach keeps playing him and if he's not available maybe someone will use his minutes better. I still would like to see a LOT more Gray. All we've heard about is how great he is - even that he would be the difference maker on this year's team. Then they almost never play him. When they do play him he is much much much better than AO.

I know substitutions are about match ups and positions, but to over simplify I say give all of ao's minutes to Gray.

All of that said, I'd be surprised to hear it is more than one game. If you get 1 game from TOC for a nut punch, how do you justify mpre than that for a "kick?" AOs mistake may have been my least favorite Mason play in the last 16 years, but he didn't hurt or endanger the kid. My raw emotion says kick him off the team. My good sense says one game and move on like it never happened

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Is it a policy that a player that gets hit with a technical gets suspended by the school? In any event, I doubt it will impact the team at all. He hasn't really contributed much of anything anyway. That point is hardly debatable.
I remember Mike Morrison getting suspended after a tech and hearing about it being AD policy. But I think that might have been for an ejection, not a single tech

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Are you serious? First you asked if he was dismissed from the team, and now you're complaining that the incident doesn't warrant more than a 1-game suspension? Keep in mind that the BB&T Classic is the last game of the semester. Will he still be suspended for the Diamond Head Classic?

I was asking bc it isn't clear. They should of reported it better. IMO one game is enough. What did Christian Lattener get? Nothing?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I was asking bc it isn't clear. They should of reported it better. IMO one game is enough. What did Christian Lattener get? Nothing?

You asked for players to be held accountable. You should be embracing the indefinite suspension.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You have got to be f*cking a goat - the technical was VERY questionable I mean like Christina Aguilera's virginity questionable.

And he gets suspended?? Way way way over the top on this one.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am embracing it. But indif is overboard.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
You have got to be f*cking a goat - the technical was VERY questionable I mean like Christina Aguilera's virginity questionable.

I don't know how you can watch the video and not conclude that Anali intentionally stepped on the South Florida player. And, why wasn't Anali honest with Coach Hewitt before Hewitt faced the media in the post-game press conference?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't remember, was Sherrod suspended when he put the finger on the opposing players head and pushed? That technical seemed a lot more calculated. It's almost as if Hewitt found an excuse to maybe free up a scholly.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't remember, was Sherrod suspended when he put the finger on the opposing players head and pushed? That technical seemed a lot more calculated. It's almost as if Hewitt found an excuse to maybe free up a scholly.

Nothing that I can find, he was suspended for an exhibition game last season but that was for something over the summer.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
And, why wasn't Anali honest with Coach Hewitt before Hewitt faced the media in the post-game press conference?

I think that's a big part of this. He wasn't truthful to his teammates and his coach, and then Allen and Hewitt both went into the press conference and defended him. Hewitt even went as far as to question the judgment of the refs. Okoloji seems like a good kid, so I'm sure he'll learn from this.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

I don't know how you can watch the video and not conclude that Anali intentionally stepped on the South Florida player. And, why wasn't Anali honest with Coach Hewitt before Hewitt faced the media in the post-game press conference?
Pablo's right. I can't see any way that you could have watched the video and concluded anything different.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Pablo's right. I can't see any way that you could have watched the video and concluded anything different.

I saw the video and during the game the commentators even said it looked like AO was trying to keep his balance and it was not intentional. His hands were up and he looked off balance.