Game 9: GMU (7-1) at #10/11 Tennessee (4-3) on Tuesday, December 5, at 6:30 PM.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to read too much into a game in which the better team obviously won, but I do think Tony is still holding auditions for both of our starting backcourt positions.

There are still plenty of minutes to be had for all of our guards, but I could see a scenario down the line where guys like Okojie and Ball crack the starting 5 separately or even together to give us more scoring options.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Not to read too much into a game in which the better team obviously won, but I do think Tony is still holding auditions for both of our starting backcourt positions.

There are still plenty of minutes to be had for all of our guards, but I could see a scenario down the line where guys like Okojie and Ball crack the starting 5 separately or even together to give us more scoring options.
If we are making any changes, Newton should get first crack - bumping Maddox to the 2. Unfortunately, we don't have another 4 to back up Hall in that scenario. Maybe they can just both absorb major minutes and stay out of foul trouble?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don’t have the stats for the season in front of my but I feel like we need Woody to take my 3’s, his percentage has got to lead the team. 3/4 tonight
If I read the stats correctly, he is now an incredible 14-22. He can't keep that up, but it does make you wonder.

JC_FoodcourtBandit

Preferred Walk-On
Hopefully the starting 5 can brush this game off and it doesn’t start a spiral. Big game upcoming to see how the team bounces back.

Have more than enough confidence in what we’ve seen so far that they will answer big time Saturday

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well, disappointed that we didn't have a more respectable effort/result. Would have loved to see us make some more layups. Sheesh, left about 12-14 points at the rim. I hate the feeling of us looking like the "inferior" opponent when announcers give false praise about our effort when down by 20+. We got our a** kicked, let's see how we respond. On to the next one.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we are making any changes, Newton should get first crack - bumping Maddox to the 2.
I kind of like that idea as long Newton can defend smaller wings. The luxury Tony has with this roster is adapting based on our opponent.

Again, I don’t want to read too much into one game. Just wondering how we can get more offensive production from our starting backcourt without sacrificing too much on the defensive end.