Game 8: GMU (4-3) vs South Dakota St. (5-2) on Wednesday, November 24, at 9:30PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Remember when some here would say The Virus was trying to put a square peg in a round hole? Yea, well it's starting to show again.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I know he’s been under the weather, but XJ has disappeared the last three or four games. Feels like his last four shots have been blocked, and he’s been exposed defensively. With our current PG situation, it feels like we are always playing 4 on 5.

I like the experiment of starting Blake on the wing. He had a rough night, but I’m sure he’ll settle into the role.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The biggest issue coming down the stretch defensively is Oduro always defending out in the perimeter and away from the basket. Leaves the big man wide open on the drive and dish. Happened like three times in a row.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we’re going to lose, let’s at least cover the 8 points so SD State doesn’t win the tournament!

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why not a timeout after the three to cut it to three with a few seconds left? Instead, we can't set up the defense and they inbound the ball.

Also didnt like keeping Gaines in there when we were fouling to stop the clock. Have Frazier or Gray do that. Gaines then fouls and picks up his 5th.

Overall, some good things and some bad things. I think the Maryland win put all our expectations out of whack. I'm sure they can use the long break.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why not a timeout after the three to cut it to three with a few seconds left? Instead, we can't set up the defense and they inbound the ball.

Also didnt like keeping Gaines in there when we were fouling to stop the clock. Have Frazier or Gray do that. Gaines then fouls and picks up his 5th.

Gaines was gassed anyway. He had 1 shot attempt the entire game and couldn’t recover on shooters anymore.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know he’s been under the weather, but XJ has disappeared the last three or four games. Feels like his last four shots have been blocked, and he’s been exposed defensively. With our current PG situation, it feels like we are always playing 4 on 5.

I like the experiment of starting Blake on the wing. He had a rough night, but I’m sure he’ll settle into the role.

It really did feel like the ballgame when he got blocked on a drive that should have been 2 points to Mason and then defended so far off the ballhandler that he easily picked out Wilson on the alley oop. 4 point swing that pushed the game to 7.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Feels like a lot of correctable small things that can be fixed in *ahem* practice. One of the big ones I noticed in these last three games is positioning in on ball defending where our player will try to cheat too much to one side and just give up the lane. I doubt that’s by design because most of the time they aren’t leading them into helpside to trap them or anything, it becomes more of a scramble, which leaves shooters open.

This happens a lot with Schwartz, Cooper, XJ, Blake, and Hartwell. So just about everyone but Oduro and Gaines.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Hartwell=Tremaine Price
Oduro = George Evans
Schwartz = Herring
Cooper=Miskiri
Ticket = Dorsett

One team had a plan and it took them half a season to mesh before winning the conf in the Old Cubans second year. The other has a really young coach.