Game 6, AT Princeton, Nov 26th, 8 PM, NO TV

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Did you notice how when Mason tied the game, the Princeton players didn't panic and throw the ball out of bounds or dribble of their foot or throw up a horrible shot for no reason? Wonder why we can't get any of that?

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Started watching at the half - major tease.
At least we had some resolve to make a fight of it.
Sherrod showed up from what I saw.

Refs were terrible. Marko's fifth might have been the worst call of the year among several other.

Still, can't dig that hole to start the game.

This was a winnable game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim, we are not — nor have we ever been — the world-beaters you want us to be. We were 7-point underdogs on the road and playing without three players tonight, so stop acting like this was some kind of pushover game we were supposed to win in a cakewalk.

I'm not pissed we lost the last two games, but I am upset that we lost them in the manner we lost them. The players AND the coaches need to know it's not acceptable to play that poorly. And, yes, it starts with Hewitt, since he is at the helm.

That said, I will be at Saturday's game with my wife and kids rooting on the team. That what we as fans do, even when things aren't going well.

Princeton was so awesome, we nearly beat them even without making it to the arena until halftime. Had we played with any intensity in the first half, we win going away.

But shoot, I guess expecting 40 minutes from a focused, well-prepared team is unfair.

If you're looking for a way to let the coaches and players know that their performance is unacceptable, perhaps we should stop showing up and cheering their "effort."

Maybe even more empty seats than usual would send a message.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Suggesting not showing up to games is a cop out for a half a** fan, check that, a fake fan. I will criticize when it is warranted, and I will lower my expectations in the interest of maintaing my sanity and health, but absent having a team full of rapist/murderers no one who considers themselves a fan should ever consider boycotting games, or withholding donations. How does that benefit our school/program, which you are supposedly in support of? How will that look to recruits? How will that inspire the players we have (who aren't going any where) to be better? Go play in traffic.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Alright, this pissing match between a few fans is getting annoying. Throw beers at each other in the gold room on Saturday or something.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Suggesting not showing up to games is a cop out for a half a** fan, check that, a fake fan. I will criticize when it is warranted, and I will lower my expectations in the interest of maintaing my sanity and health, but absent having a team full of rapist/murderers no one who considers themselves a fan should ever consider boycotting games, or withholding donations. How does that benefit our school/program, which you are supposedly in support of? How will that look to recruits? How will that inspire the players we have (who aren't going any where) to be better? Go play in traffic.

In fairness to gmujim92 who's obviously upset after the loss, he's a dedicated Mason fan who travels from a Richmond suburb to attend home games. I expect that he will continue to attend home games regularly. So, no need to criticize him for not being a true Mason fan.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Preach it, Brother Joe! I've endured this entire Redskins season and watched last night's debacle against SF until the bitter end. Comparatively speaking, watching Mason basketball the last two games has been a treat.

PS: Pablo's right about Jim being a passionate fan and good guy. He's frustrated like the rest of us and just letting his emotions get the best of him.

Last edited:

Patriotfan49

Starter

Jim is a good fan, and is frustrated. Cant blame him there can you? Simply because he is critical of the the coach/team and you dont like how he shows it doesnt make him any less of a fan. Plus showing up is one thing, but the donation thing is another. If you have an AD that is continually doing things that arent in the best interest of your team, money talks. Either stop donating to the AD and put it somehwere else or stop donating.....

Its played out having certain people on here pulling the fan "level" card simply because they are suckers for punishment and dont seem to want to hear criticism. We see the same crap every season and the same issues, yet people think you are beating a dead horse. Its what we see almost every game, what else are we supposed to say? I wish we could sit here and gush over great performances, but we dont get those. Hewitt is a God awful coach and the players have the competitive fire of a clam, yet I still show up and my donation check still cashes.....guess Im no fan either.

Last edited:

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Sorry if this was adressed elsewhere, but where was Holloway last night?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Either stop donating to the AD and put it somehwere else or stop donating.....

In a Rudyesque scene, I would love for the Masonhoops board members to be able to walk into TOC's office with their donation checks all earmarked to the men's soccer team to reward them for doing exactly what we all want the basketball team to do -- play with heart and toughness every single game.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
We won't win unless we can start to play COMPLETE games. The team is like a bad airline miles credit card with "blackout" dates through out the game. What's in your wallet?

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In a Rudyesque scene, I would love for the Masonhoops board members to be able to walk into TOC's office with their donation checks all earmarked to the men's soccer team to reward them for doing exactly what we all want the basketball team to do -- play with heart and toughness every single game.
And having a coach who adjusted the system to fit the strengths of his team. You have a superior GK so you play a defensive style that allows you to shut down other teams and try to win low scoring games. Imagine that.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I feel sympathy toward our Seniors. They signed with a team that had just made it to the 2nd round of the tourney and with a coach who'd led his team to a Final Four just a couple years earlier. What they got instead was a coach being paid millions (plural) over multiple years to just leave.

And for those of you whining about talent, we just lost to Princeton. Not Kentucky, not North Carolina, not Michigan State, but Princeton. The same team that got swept by Yale last year.

We went 10-8 in the weakest CAA in two decades and we're on our way to our first losing conference record since L's rookie season.