Game 5: GMU (4-0) at JMU (3-0) on Friday, November 19, at 7PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
JMU was picked 4th in preseason CAA polls.

The Dukes are 3-0 so far. The beat Carlow University (NAIA - River States Conference) 135 - 40, ODU 58-53, and Eastern Kentucky (79-78).

Their starting 5 is comprised of 6’3” Charles Falden, 6’8” Julien Wooden, 6’7” Justin Amadi, 6’6” Terrence Edwards, and 6’0” Vado Morse.

The Dukes are led by Jalen Hodge (13.0 ppg), Charles Falden (12.3 ppg), Vado Morse (11.3 ppg), Julien Wooden (10.3 ppg), Alonzo Sule (9.7 ppg), and Justin Amadi (9.3 ppg & 6.7 reb).

Schedule: https://jmusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22
Roster: https://jmusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster?path=mbball
Stats: https://jmusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats?path=mbball

The Dukes average 90.7 ppg while giving up 57.0 ppg. Their stats are blown a bit out of proportion because of the win over Carlow. As a team they shoot 49.3% from the field and 32.2% from 3. Opponents shoot 34.8% overall and 22.5% from 3. They have out rebounded opponents by 12.3 boards per game.

The game is on NBC Sports+ (Verizon FIOS Channel 578) and Flosports.

My prediction: Who can ever forget the hotdog incident or Dre Smith going 10-10 from 3? George Evans throwing it down on David Fanning is classic! The pregame picture battles on the boards were so much fun. The best crowds we ever had were for Madison. It was a great in-state rivalry.

We’ve owned the Dukes since 2005 (23-2). Nothing changes. GMU 74 - JMU 70. I only wish the game was at EBA so we could all take out our keys and chant 66 west, 81 south!

Discuss.

Off topic: I had never heard of their game one opponent. A little research led me to learn that Carlow University is a private Catholic university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy. Carlow's thirteen athletic teams are the Celtics, a reflection of the university's Irish heritage and roots. In 2017–2018, the student body was 84% women and 16% men.

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Off topic: I had never heard of their game one opponent. A little research led me to learn that Carlow University is a private Catholic university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy. Carlow's thirteen athletic teams are the Celtics, a reflection of the university's Irish heritage and roots. In 2017–2018, the student body was 84% women and 16% men.
if i was young and single that would be a great road trip

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Here's the JMU student government on their way to the game.

Screenshot_20211117-215832__01.jpg

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We will come out flat in first half, but will get it going and stomp them to a 79-67 win.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Big game IMO. Do we come out and show JMU that they are nothing and just a speed bump on our path to victory... or does Mason have a hangover from our huge win over ranked MD?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kenpom has JMU as a 1 pt favorite (were a 2 pt favorite before our Md game).

We are now #140 from #154 going against #172 JMU

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
JMU will be hyped to try to knock Mason off the high horse after tonight. Got to stay focused and stick to the English principles and we win this one.

Also can’t believe Kenpom didn’t move us higher after that win.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kenpom has JMU as a 1 pt favorite (were a 2 pt favorite before our Md game).

We are now #140 from #154 going against #172 JMU
More from Kenpom:

We're now #61 in effective fg%, 31st on 3 pt fg and 34th on 2's.

Madison is decent on offensive rebounding% (82nd) but we are very good defensively (19th) on that same metric.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
We should handle JMU easily, but has all the earmarks of a classic trap game.
• Follows a big win
• Fifth game in 10 days
• Back-to-back bus trips
• On the road, home team will be amped up
• Oppty to be looking ahead to tournament/UW

I think CKE will have them focused, but if they don’t win, it’s one of those games where everyone points to the schedule afterwards.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We should handle JMU easily, but has all the earmarks of a classic trap game.
• Follows a big win
• Fifth game in 10 days
• Back-to-back bus trips
• On the road, home team will be amped up
• Oppty to be looking ahead to tournament/UW

I think CKE will have them focused, but if they don’t win, it’s one of those games where everyone points to the schedule afterwards.
Gonna need more from the bench than we had last night. CKE knew he had to shorten the rotation vs Maryland but the young guys should be able to contribute against JMU