Game 5: AT Iona, November 23rd, 2 PM, NO TV

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
so much for rpi forecast...

congrats to Coach Coen and NE on that win vs gtown. Good Coach and great guy.

Couldn't agree more, GS. I always root for guys like Coen. It amazes me a bigger school hasn't scooped him up yet. I watched most of their game today, and he completely out-coached JTIII in the second half.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
so much for rpi forecast...

congrats to Coach Coen and NE on that win vs gtown. Good Coach and great guy.

possible NE vs vcu final if the lambs can beat fsu and mich.

NE and vcu play each other this season as well in Richmond.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I'll have to take your word for it, Chank. haha
Haha, I wish I could blame my smart phone for that, Dan. Instead, it's from the Victoin I took after having some out-patient surgery yesterday. Sadly, I'm not sure what word I was trying to say. Maybe "toss" or "loft" instead of "lost."

I was thinking you meant to write "he can't just stand on the perimeter and hoist 3s". Seems consistent with the point you were making (which I agree with).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 5m
I will see them tomorrow afternoon at Iona. Should be a great mid-major game. RT @RealNTurner: @GoodmanESPN Thoughts on George Mason?

Somebody needs to call Goodman out on this BS. How about it should be a great game instead of qualifying it like he's going to see a minor league baseball game.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He's the same guy who once wrote a column stating the 2006 FF stunk because GMU made it. It was a lousy FF, but not because GMU made it. All the games were blow outs, but the GMU-Florida game was the closest. He failed to mention that UCLA and LSU also lost in blowouts.

Last edited:
OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
He's the same guy who once wrote a column stating the 2006 FF stunk because GMU made it. It was a lousy FF, but not because GMU made it. All the games were blow outs, but the GMU-Florida game was the closest. He failed to mention that UCLA and LSU also lost in blowouts.

Who is worse, this guy is Jay Bilas?

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good grief. You guys take things way too personally. Goodman at least makes the effort to know about teams outside of the BCS conferences. He's constantly praising Skerry. It's impossible to know everything about every college basketball team. Stop getting your panties in a wad.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Good grief. You guys take things way too personally.

I don't see anybody taking it personally. I just think a writer as a good as Goodman should know better than to qualify his statement like he did. A good game is a good game. Period. Personally, I am happy to hear he will be be there tomorrow. Hopefully, we give him something positive to write about.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good grief. You guys take things way too personally. Goodman at least makes the effort to know about teams outside of the BCS conferences. He's constantly praising Skerry. It's impossible to know everything about every college basketball team. Stop getting your panties in a wad.

I've liked some of his columns too. The gist of the one I referenced was basically that college basketball fans should be careful what they wish for during March Madness. Everybody loves upsets, but if there are too many - you end up with a team like Mason in the FF. I could picture fans of BCS schools shaking their head in agreement as I read it. Conveniently for them, Goodman failed to mention that LSU and UCLA also took lobsided losses in the '06 FF. Yeah, Goodman writes some good stuff, but I"m not sure how a GMU fan could read that w/o being annoyed.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The question is, why does it matter whose name is on the front of the jersey? Good basketball is good basketball.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Did anybody figure out how we can watch this online? I thought somebody said Iona was offering it on their website, but it looks like there might be a cost to do so. I don't mind paying a few bucks if it's a reliable feed.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Iona is definitely streaming it, but the cheapest option seems to be $15 for a one-month subscription.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We are getting a group together to watch the stream at Brion's Grille. All Mason fans are welcome to join us.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Per game notes:

(1) Same probable starters as the last 2 games;
(2) Mason leads the series with Iona 2-0; and
(3) Sophomore Marko Gujanicic, junior Erik Copes, and senior Sherrod Wright, are tied for the most career double-doubles (3) on the team. See game notes - http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Game_Notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200.
Damn. BA told me last week that he expected to be back for this game. Hope he sees the floor.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk