Game 5: AT Iona, November 23rd, 2 PM, NO TV

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Washingtonian, I have come to rely on your upcoming game posts exclusively. You are providing a simple but very useful service with these posts. A one stop shop location where I can find all the relative info, links etc. Kudos, sir!

PDGL Hoops

Starter
Unless we play much better I see us losing this one by 10-12 points. They have some tough kids who drive hard to the basket and are aggressive on defense.

Iona: 70
Mason: 58

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesnt' look like there is a free link. I clicked the video for the game and the lowest they offered was a 1 month package for $14.95. Maybe it'll change on gameday?

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Put a game on TV damn you! <shakes fists at Universe>.

It's a shame GMU has them right after Iona lost to Kansas. Iona is going to be sore and looking to take it out on someone.

They don't seem to be a second half team, being out scored by 17 in 2nd frame. If GMU can stay close in first half...

MasonCrew

Starter
We typically play to the level of our competition, so I see this game being close. That said, Mason played so poorly last game, that I see us coming out with some fire. Sherrod continues his tear, as does Marko. I don't think we win without Arledge and Copes, though.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Iona is a guard oriented team. Copes and Arledge missing doesn't have as big of an effect as it would against a team with a solid front court. Having said that, if Allen comes back and can be 80% of his true self that would be a huge lift.

Guards will win this game. Allen, Sherrod, Holloway, Moore, Edwards all need to make plays and take care of the ball if were going to win this one.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Going back to NY is a big deal for several of our players. Edwards, Wright, Jenkins, AO, Moore, Gray. I think they'll be pretty stoked to play up there.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Going back to NY is a big deal for several of our players. Edwards, Wright, Jenkins, AO, Moore, Gray. I think they'll be pretty stoked to play up there.
I think Iona is about 5 miles from where Wright went to high school. Was this scheduled as a "homecoming" game for him? (I don't count Fordham/Hofstra. While in the region, those aren't exactly around the corner)
I'm assuming Iona is coming to Fairfax next year.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Put a game on TV damn you! <shakes fists at Universe>.

It's a shame GMU has them right after Iona lost to Kansas. Iona is going to be sore and looking to take it out on someone.

They don't seem to be a second half team, being out scored by 17 in 2nd frame. If GMU can stay close in first half...

Iona kept the game the game close through the first 7-9 mins of the 2nd half though. But yes, it is kind of a shame. Both teams will be hungry for a win

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Iona 74
Mason 68

We keep the game close... but can't close out the deal

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Goodguys 66
Girly Gaeley Man 62

We definitely need BA to play and attack the rim and run the offense. If we make our lay-ups then we have a good shot at winning.

Sherrod.... please understand you are THE MAN on the court. Please take over games and score at will because you certainly have the offensive skills to put up 20+ a night on any opponent..... you just NEED to believe in yourself.

Thanks,

MasonNation

Last edited:

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Haxormax and I will be making the trip up from Philly for this one. Tickets were $12 each and I think we have the equivalent of floor seats, but from the looks of it, the place is a gym that makes the DAK (Drexel) look impressive.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I say Mason pulls out a win. It will be tough - but I see them tightening up again. They know Iona will be pumped and that will pump them up. I see a tight and hard fought win.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Iona is good. Our guys play better on the road and against good teams, and have throughout Hewitt's tenure for whatever reason.

If we were at full strength, I'd have us by 8-10.

As it is, I'll say we win by 2. Sherrod is going to have a huge game in front of his family and friends in New Rochelle. That will be just barely enough to get us to 5-0.