Game 4: GMU (3-0) at #21 Maryland (3-0) on Wednesday, November 17, at 7PM.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Lonergan and Simpkins don't even get phone calls, guys. Maryland has the resources and natural advantages (location) to be a major player on the national stage. They ain't going dumpster diving.
Just to be clear, Petey, nobody said Duane was getting a call. Matt and I were just mentioning former Maryland players who coach and both agreed neither is close to ready.

I really like Mike Brey as a possibility. I know it wouldn't be a sexy hire on paper to some, but he has local ties having grown up in the area and graduated from GW and he has led Notre Dame to 12 NCAAT appearances, 3 Sweet 16s and 2 Elite 8s — not to mention 5 NITs. Imagine what he could do at a school that doesn't have ND's academic requirements.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FWIW - I listened to Goodman throw out names on a webcast of some sort, he mentioned Williard being the obvious name, Ed Cooley, Holtzmann. He mentioned that he loves English but probably not for right now at a job like Maryland for every obvious reason.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FWIW - I listened to Goodman throw out names on a webcast of some sort, he mentioned Williard being the obvious name, Ed Cooley, Holtzmann. He mentioned that he loves English but probably not for right now at a job like Maryland for every obvious reason.
God damn it Goodman be quiet.

Masonfan3

Starter

Mizzou is going to have an opening after this season and I would not be surprised to see CKE get the job. While he may not be ready for it (yet), they love him there and Mizzou might pull the trigger out of fear of losing him to another program in a couple years.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not an expert on coaching changes beyond sniff testing names that don't make sense, but everything I'm reading makes it seem like Kevin Willard is a slam dunk fit. Not yet 50, doing a great job at Seton Hall, and Maryland can pay more and provide him with a much better chance to win titles.

Does Skinn follow him there -- actually didn't realize Tony Skinn moved to Ohio State this season...nice step up!