Game 31: AT George Washington University, Saturday, March 9th, 2 PM, MASN/Stadium

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
For those outside the DC area, you can watch the game here: https://watchstadium.com/live/2019-03-09-george-mason-at-george-washington-mens-basketball/

GW comes into this game with a 8-22 record, 4-13 in the A-10 and 6-10 at home after losing to Fordham on Wednesday night by a score of 67-56.

The box score from the January 26th game in Fairfax is here (Mason won 62-55): https://gomason.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8926&path=mbball

GW's schedule is here: https://gwsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
GW's stats are here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gwsports.com/documents/2018/11/6/Season_Stats.pdf

DJ Williams is averaging 14.2 PPG (got 14 points in the 1/26 game), Maceo Jack is averaging 11.2 PPG (got 2 points in the 1/26 game), and Terry Nolan Jr. is averaging 10.4 PPG (got 15 points in the 1/26 game).

Discuss.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason is 0-14 all time at the smith center I believe.

Either mason comes out and wins by 5, 76-71

Or mason has another bad loss 72-58

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
To lose there would be an epic disaster. Pitchforks should await lil Dave upon his return to the suburbs.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A few beers and a burger at Tonic before the game will help me deal with a GW win. GW 71 - GMU 55.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
To lose there would be an epic disaster. Pitchforks should await lil Dave upon his return to the suburbs.

Respectfully disagree. Now that the double bye is gone, this game means zip in the big picture.

I know Dave won’t do this, but I’d sit Otis, Kier, Boyd and Calixte and if we get blown out, who cares?

What’s left of the season comes down to Brooklyn. We’re pretty well locked in on the opposite side of the bracket from vcu — get guys rested, see if we can’t make a crazy run to the finals and hope somebody knocks off vcu along the way.

It’s not much of a chance, but it’s the only chance we’ve got at this point.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I know Dave won’t do this, but I’d sit Otis, Kier, Boyd and Calixte and if we get blown out, who cares?
100% agree Dave should rest some of the players. Maybe a day off for some of those guys gets them fresh enough to show some legitimate fight in Brooklyn.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Respectfully disagree. Now that the double bye is gone, this game means zip in the big picture.

What’s left of the season comes down to Brooklyn. We’re pretty well locked in on the opposite side of the bracket from vcu — get guys rested, see if we can’t make a crazy run to the finals and hope somebody knocks off vcu along the way.

It’s not much of a chance, but it’s the only chance we’ve got at this point.
First time in a long time we agree. Start the game with Hartwell Javon Jordan Aj and Reuter. Rest Kier and Greg and give Otis the option of playing (he’s earned it)

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Both these teams are god awful.

G Mas 67
Geo. Wash 71

psyclone

Hall of Famer
First time in a long time we agree. Start the game with Hartwell Javon Jordan Aj and Reuter. Rest Kier and Greg and give Otis the option of playing (he’s earned it)

As much as people may need rest, it is also important to prove to themselves again that they can play well. That would help diminish the impact of the disaster against vcu. I know I came away from the game with a sense of grief over the loss of what I hoped the season might be. Much more so than if they had lost in a competitive game with vcu. I can only hope that the players haven't lost confidence in themselves.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not in favor of sitting anyone. Monitor minutes? Sure. But if somebody wasnt to play on Saturday, our next game isn't until Thursday. That would be a 9 day stretch between games. Thats too much time off for my liking

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, if not for the way the last game unfolded and the long layoff, I might be more on board with the rest option. However, going into the tournament with zero confidence and more rested, IMO, would not be the way to go.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I think the only thought in favor of resting them is for the physical condition of their bodies - rested and healthier > more confident/less rusty but still banged up.

These guys got beat the F up by SLU and vcu, while many were nursing/recovering from pre-existing injuries.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yall act like the showed up and tried hard on tuesday vs vcpoo.

They did for 18 minutes. It’s crazy to think this was a 3 point game with a minute to go in the first half, because of how the second half unraveled.

patriotchild

Starter
Guys, we practice so well that game experiences don't really matter :crazytongue:
9 days of practice > than one shitty gw game. Plus we don't want to jump to the 5. Losing guarantees that :)

Otis will probably start and keep his streak going, but I'd be shocked to see him play 30+ min if his ankle or anything is bothering him. Start him, take him out. Let Hartwell get almost a full game experience at the 1.

Greg is a key piece if we are going to make any kind of run in Brooklyn, he should sit if he nursing any kind of strain or pull in his leg. 9 days can do a lot of good.

Boyd should also sit, he's still a one armed bandit. No sense in aggravating it for nothing.

Other than that, I don't expect us to manage any other playing time.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Guys, we practice so well that game experiences don't really matter :crazytongue:
9 days of practice > than one shitty gw game. Plus we don't want to jump to the 5. Losing guarantees that :)

Otis will probably start and keep his streak going, but I'd be shocked to see him play 30+ min if his ankle or anything is bothering him. Start him, take him out. Let Hartwell get almost a full game experience at the 1.

Greg is a key piece if we are going to make any kind of run in Brooklyn, he should sit if he nursing any kind of strain or pull in his leg. 9 days can do a lot of good.

Boyd should also sit, he's still a one armed bandit. No sense in aggravating it for nothing.

Other than that, I don't expect us to manage any other playing time.

Good idea re: Boyd and Calixte. Give JDS and Hartwell more time, give AJ Calixte’s minutes.