Game 30: GMU (18-11 / 7-9) at Rhode Island (11-18 / 5-11) on Wednesday, March 6, at 7:00 PM.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Play as a team, WIN as a team. Assists= 12. Turnovers = 5. That's team ball! I caught myself saying during the game, "I like this ball movement." Is Mason on to something here?

Particularly, loved how Woody stepped in and mixed it up in the paint offensively. He showed quickness to the rim. With those long, wirey arms Woody is trouble for any defense when he extends them, ball in hand, and attacks the basket.

Good showing after Saturday's adversity! Build upon it.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Key is very good. No question. But the offense stalls when he is playing: Pass the ball to him and wait....He either shoots, dribbles then shoots, or tries to dribble and turns the ball over. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is taking a siesta.
I don't honestly know if we are better without him or not. It's hard to replace 18 and 9, but we are a lot more fun to watch without him.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Would caution against any kind of judgment about the conference tournament until we see how they play against a much better defense in Richmond on Saturday.

I’ll chock the poor shooting last night to Polite getting his footing back (0-6 from 3) and Okojie having an off night at the line (3-6–he would normally go 5-6 or 6-6 at the line).

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Would caution against any kind of judgment about the conference tournament until we see how they play against a much better defense in Richmond on Saturday.
----
Agree...although the offense did look better last night, URI is quite poor defensively. Kenpom has 9 defensive categories and URI is dead last in the conference in 4 of them.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Particularly, loved how Woody stepped in and mixed it up in the paint offensively. He showed quickness to the rim. With those long, wirey arms Woody is trouble for any defense when he extends them, ball in hand, and attacks the basket.
Woody was awesome. I think he blocked a 3 at one point, but also somehow had one blocked on him. Weird stuff, but I also remember a few times when we went 1-3-1 with Woddy at the top as per usual, then Rhody would get up a shot somewhere and all the sudden he'd be in the paint for the rebound. Great energy out there.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Woody was awesome. I think he blocked a 3 at one point, but also somehow had one blocked on him. Weird stuff, but I also remember a few times when we went 1-3-1 with Woddy at the top as per usual, then Rhody would get up a shot somewhere and all the sudden he'd be in the paint for the rebound. Great energy out there.
Everybody's energy seems to have picked up. As I said, maybe we are worse off without Key, maybe we are better, but we sure as heck look more like a team playing FOR each other.