Game 3, Northern Iowa, Nov 16th, 4 PM, NO TV

JBiggs

Starter
If Allen and Arledge both play, I say we win by 12. If neither play, I say we win by 7.

I think Moore starts in place of Edwards.
Yep.

Great effort, fellas! I'm loving some of the intangibles we are seeing this season. The depth is legit!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

JBiggs

Starter
Haha, at least I didn't place a bet on that.

Marko playing like a boss right now. He's our Serbian cool hand Luke.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Great game... that's how you win a game with FTs as well. None of our guys fouled out either, and Sherrod played well... nice win

JBiggs

Starter
Outrebounded them 36-25. That's what I'm talkin' about. Jalen with 7 (3 offensive). The stats aren't finalized, but he couldn't have played more than 15 minutes. Beast.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just got back from the game. The score does not tell how much tighter this team is playing. Much tighter defense - aggressive, rebounding, and Marko. Wow. He is on fire. I also love what I am seeing from Jenkins Moore. Just a physical game and the guys are finally getting it on defense. We are going inside more looking for the penetration and the sweet spot before going to the outside shot. Johnny Williams, Wright, and Marko made a series of nice jumpers away from the basket.

Also - I was not overly in a murderous rage at the refs.

All round good time! Go Mason!

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm impressed with the effort tonight. Good win with so many out. Marko is much better this year and Marquis impressed me as well. Why didn't he play against American?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
To be able to hang 76 points on UNI without Copes, Arledge and Allen is huge. This team is a lot better than a lot of people predicted.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I am so impressed with the depth of this team. Not trying to start a battle, but I can't remember a Coach L team at Mason that could have possibly won a game like this down 3 starters. Seemed we often had talent on our bench but still only trusted 7, maybe 8 guys.

Great intensity, good enough execution and dare I say well coached game.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am so impressed with the depth of this team. Not trying to start a battle, but I can't remember a Coach L team at Mason that could have possibly won a game like this down 3 starters. Seemed we often had talent on our bench but still only trusted 7, maybe 8 guys..

I've definitely noticed that between coaches. On the regular, Coach Ñ will only play 8 and run the score until 2 minutes left and throw everyone else in only if we're up by 20. Hewitt isn't afraid to play everyone including freshman even in tight games. Hewitt's philosophy definitely helps with player development and it showed tonight big when 3 upperclassmen starters were out.

Obviously Sherrod was a stud tonight... but Marko, Patrick, Jalen and Marquise all stepped up huge tonight. Our future looks bright.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Very impressed with the effort tonight. I thought for sure we'd play some zone, but early on, the man-to-man was legit. Second half wasn't as good, but at least we didn't commit stupid fouls on their layups to give them an and-one.

We are going to play a lot of close games this year and learning to win them now will only help us down the road.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I thought the defense was sensational while actually watching the game, but then was suprised that we let them drop 70 on us. this was one of few games in recent memory that the team actually looked better live than a radio feed or box score would indicate

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I thought the defense was sensational while actually watching the game, but then was suprised that we let them drop 70 on us. this was one of few games in recent memory that the team actually looked better live than a radio feed or box score would indicate

A lot of that was free throws. What I am noticing is that these new rules are resulting in a lot more scoring at the charity stripe.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A lot of that was free throws. What I am noticing is that these new rules are resulting in a lot more scoring at the charity stripe.
That's for sure. I did feel good about this officiating crew overall. I wonder if I would have felt as positive about them if we'd lost, though

Bricker

Starter
That's for sure. I did feel good about this officiating crew overall. I wonder if I would have felt as positive about them if we'd lost, though

I wasn't at the game-- and I would have guessed the opposite. It sounded like a lot of tedious fouls were getting called. Good to hear it went better in person.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I wasn't at the game-- and I would have guessed the opposite. It sounded like a lot of tedious fouls were getting called. Good to hear it went better in person.
Maybe it was just my overall good mood, but I felt like, though more ticky tack calls are the new norm, the calls were accurate and balanced. There were two bad calls made by one ref and overturned by another and a reviewed play that almost certainly went in the right direction. They were being pretty careful and contentions about calling a fair game.

My one complaint is that they called the game looser in the first half and tighter in the second. I always feel that's unfair to the players to get them used to one style and then change it up on them

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I've seen the kind of quick, sharp passing from the team this year that I haven't seen since the OCM left. Got us a big basket against AU, and got us the huge Vaughn Gray trey that gave Mason the lead for good today.

That six-plus minute officials conference and video review was pretty embarrassing, as was not noticing that the clock had frozen for over 20 seconds, but the officials did a decent job all in all, I think. Just some poor game management on their part.